Hilliberg Nallo or Anjan?

whitingja

WKR
I'm in the market for a tent. I realize that these are a yellow label and a red label, but wondering since I might be encountering some snowy conditions(2-6 inches), would the Anjan still be OK, or should I error on the heavier Nallo? Does anyone have any experience with both? Is the wind the biggest factor? How durable is the Anjan? Thanks

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'm in the market for a tent. I realize that these are a yellow label and a red label, but wondering since I might be encountering some snowy conditions(2-6 inches), would the Anjan still be OK, or should I error on the heavier Nallo? Does anyone have any experience with both? Is the wind the biggest factor? How durable is the Anjan? Thanks

I've done some wet heavy snow in an Anjan. You certainly have to tap it off of the roof of the tunnel every once in a while. 6" wouldn't be the end of the world in that tent. I've had one in hail and wind storms that were just nuts and it did fine. It's robust/durable for sure. I think it depends on your most prevalent use. If it's always fall/winter get the nallo. If you're mixing a ton of warm weather use I'd say you'd be set with an anjan. I certainly wouldn't want to winter camp in an Anjan though.

No experience with a nallo, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, for sept and the added significant weight savings, the Anjan would be my choice...I have the Anjan 3 and its just enough for 2 guys and gear for warmer weather.

Akicita

WKR

I know where there is a slightly used Anjan for $400ish. . . .

Agreed - Go with the Anjan. I have the Nallo since I had the same concern and it’s a bit much for most of my trips. Great from Nov. on in high country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the Anjan 2 GT. Only used it one night so far but the added vestibule space was a major plus for me. I'm 6'3" and 215 and my buddy is about 6' and probably 230. Wasn't crowded in the tent but not a lot of extra room either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
I've got an anjan 3gt. I really like it for 2 guys. One thing I don't like is how the foot end slopes up, being 6'2 my quilt gets wet on the outside from the condensation on the outer material.