Thermarest Neoair Xtherm

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
The noise isn't a big deal breaker or really loud . Its a great product and has great customer service . And besides if the noise bothers you your not tired enough from hunting .:cool:

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Just as an FYI i learned on my last trip that if you sleep on the wrong side it is very, very cold. :D

OP
D

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got an excuse to sleep on it last night. First time I've ever felt warmer on my underside than my top side. Got down just barely to freezing, probably a little warmer under the softopper, but not much. Run a marmot phase 20, also the first time at freezing or below that I haven't had to zip the bag completely up and cinch in the top, to form a cocoon. Wearing 200 or so gram Merino base (hoody top) only. Normally below freezing would also be looking for my puffy in the middle of the night. So definitely perfection in the warmth per weight ratio. Comfort second to none. One of the few I can side sleep on and not go numb within a couple minutes. Do need to inflate it near max to avoid hips/elbows pressing to the ground, at least if you're pushing 200 lbs like myself. Sound not an issue at all. I guess it makes noise if I get real shifty, but nothing unexpected. Certainly nowhere near anything that would wake me up. Definitely more work to inflate vs a self inflator, but that also makes it way easier to pack up when it's not trying to reinflate itself as you're rolling it up. I would recommend against the Max version if you have any space constraints. I'd also recommend against the long, unless you're maybe 6'4" or taller. I'm 6'2", run a long bag, but the long is way longer than necessary, and JUST barely fits in the 6.5 ft truck bed. The long version is also wider, and with the Max version, it didn't leave me any room alongside the bed for water, pistol, etc.; with a typical, Labrador size dog kennel in the bed with me. Maybe the mummy shape in a long would be the right balance, but if you go with a Max, I would highly recommend the regular for all but the tallest folks. Time will tell in durability, though a Lab stepping on the edge a couple times on this first outing didn't do any damage. Definitely one of those "buy once cry once" purchases that is worth every penny; especially when I saved a bunch of pennies with Amazon having the Max long on sale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk