Post Thanks / Like

Thermarest Neoair Xtherm

Wow. Just wow. got this thing in the mail, will field test this weekend, but blew up and laid on a minute, and crazy the heat you can feel building on contact points. Thermarest gives it a 5.7 r value, and I'm thinking that's legit. I'd point out a thermarest 2 r value rated foam pad feels about as warm to me as a 4.2 r value claimed rei air rail. Thinking this will be a nice jump in warmth over the air rail, with slightly less weight and packed size. Will update how it feels this weekend, should be temps down close to 30.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like mine. Used it along with my EE quilt for a CO elk hunt this fall. It sure treated me well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately didn't make a back up plan, and public land near private was overrun with private lessees, a couple of which decided to be real a-holes. Was feeling peaceful for the weekend, so decided to say to heck with it rather than fight about it. So no cold test yet; next weekend . . .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Def interested to hear a review on it
    The unlucky are nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky. I am unlucky, so you may know that you are not......

Unfortunately the lucky never realizes they are lucky until it's too late. Take yourself for instance; yesterday you were better off than you are off today but it took today for you to realize it. But today has arrived and it's too late. You see? People are never happy with what they have. They want what they had, or what someone else has.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one and definitely like the extra warmth of the R value. Had a cold Nebraska bird hunt where I was cozy warm in a Marmot 15 degree bag. Temps were a little below 15 at night. Without the xtherm, Iím not very comfortable in that bag under 25 degrees.
    One drawback is that the material is krinkley. I donít mind when I am rolling over, since I am awake anyway. It does bother my wife some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pad absolutely. I took mine on one trip and sold it immediately thereafter due to the noise factor. I considered mine loud enough to be obnoxious. Still warm and comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used mine for the first time last weekend. Not cold enough to warrant the high r value, but I've never slept better. I've been around the Xtherm and Xlite a lot having worked in the outdoor industry, but had never actually slept on one or been in a tent with someone else that has one. I've always been concerned about the noise factor. I can honestly say for me, it was a complete non-issue. My brother slept right beside me and he never said anything about it either.

My best decision was buying the Large size. No elbows on the ground or pillow/feet migrating off the pad. It was the best sleep I've ever had in a tent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one. So far I like it! From the sounds of things they are pretty durable
    The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.