Is my sleep system adequate?

If I was car camping, I'd go to wally world and buy a $50 sleeping bag rated for 0 degree weather and forgetabout it. But, I'd be taking a bigger tent where I could cot sleep too. If not, I'd take a woobie and, dress in my insulation layers to ensure I slept versus not. God Bless

OP
A

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Still here. I wussed out and rented a room in Dolores, LOL. Not because I was cold, but because my back was absolutely killing me on my xtherm. I was borderline comfortable for 2 nights when it came temperature, but my back pain did me in.

I got a whopping 1hr of sleep for two nights before I said F' this.

I've got to figure out my pad situation before my next outing. I had a Q-core and hated it. So I bought an Xtherm, thinking, that's what everyone else runs so it must be good. Nope. Even worse.

On a brighter note, I still haven't seen one single animal. FML. Not how I imagined my first elk hunt going.

Motel hugh ? Ha !!! If it keeps your spine healthy and you get sleep then you'll be able to hunt harder man. At least you didnt freeze and hopefully you can learn alot while enjoying time in the mountains. Good luck .

CDNPO

FNG
Have you considered the Helinox or Therma ultra lite cots?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk