Cabelas instinct scout vs MSR Hubba Hubba??

Justhunt87

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at purchasing a 2 man tent for Wyoming sept archery elk hunt for next year. I will be the only one camping in the tent. Planning on the 2nd or 3rd week.We will be camping at the truck until we find some elk then pack in. Curious if anyone has any experience with these 2 tents? Thanks in advanced.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
The Hubba Hubba is one of the best all time Tents out there for backpacking. Its won many of awards. Ive never used either but I have used Big Agnes which should also make you short list of Tents. Copper Spur and the Fly Creek. Both are fantastic tents. If I was to pick from any the Copper Spur 2 Man would the one. Also Henry Shire Tarp Tents is another good one to research. Cant go wrong with any of these Ive mentioned =)

Grumman

WKR
I have the Hubba Hubba NX and it has been fantastic. The optional gear shed makes a good place to store the pack and the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is where I stop by and put in a shameless plug for my Copper Spur 2 man for sale in the classifieds. No experience with the Cabelas tent, but the Hubba is a great piece of kit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ks.snow

FNG
I use a msr hubba hubba nx. Was at 7k a couple of weeks ago with some pretty strong winds and the tent help up great. It's super easy to set up and like that there is only one pole. Lot's of room for one person. I usually put my pack and gear under the vestibule on one side and then boil my water for coffee and meals on the other side when the weather is bad. Got some loops on the "ceiling" of the tent for a lantern or rope to hang a pair of boxers and socks, maybe a pair of pants too dry out. When I use it from the truck I usually bring a blow up double matress for me and my girlfriend. It fits in there just right and makes for a comfy sleep. Hope this helps.

xziang

WKR
I use a hubba hubba and have liked it. The BA's are or were another choice of mine but REI's sales price made me go with the HubbaHubba. I don't have any experience with the cabelas instinct tent but will see if they have any set up next time I'm in there.

Pending on what part of Iowa you are in I could show you the Hubba Hubba. (Omaha) Then again I think backwoods has them in too that you could see set up.

*edit* also if you want to go on cheap and aren't afraid of floorless look at the mountainsmith lt shelter which is pretty darn cheap now. I've even considered one due to the price.

Haven't used the other but the Hubba Hubba is a great tent. Simple and fast to set up, and it's a nice setup for two hunters with each side having it's own exit and vestibule.

HeadnWest

WKR
I would never trust a Cabelas product that my backcountry hunt depended on.

Also, you might want to check out Tarptent Stratospire, its bigger, lighter and cheaper.

I would never trust a Cabelas product that my backcountry hunt depended on.

I’d have been in trouble for the past 25 years in the backcountry if Cabelas products were poor quality.....their tents (Alaskan Guide 8 man Dome), boots (Meindl Perfekt Hunters) and Mictotex clothes always served me perfectly.

As per backpack tents, I agree with the choice of the MSR Hubba Hubba NX. Recently went to one after my brother and I ran one in 2016. It was a replacement for my worn out Mt Hardware Skyledge 2.1 that I liked.