Hilleberg Help

Has anyone tried the Hilleberg kaitem 4gt or keron 4gt? I'm on the fence between one of those or a SO redcliffe. Just trying to get as much info as possible before I pull the trigger. Thanks

Anybody have any information that they would be willing to share? I too am interested at these models and was trying to hear some real world experiences...thanks in advance!

OP
G
I was seriously considering the hilleberg but after further research I’m saving for a sawtooth. Can’t go wrong with a hilleberg though!

I can’t offer you the specific personal experience you’re asking about but I’ve been going through a similar quandary between the Redcliff and a Hilleberg tent. However, I’ve been considering the Nallo 3 GT and Anjan 3 GT. The 2 models you’re considering are really built for extreme conditions and are much more (imo) for serious mountaineering as established camp tents. If that’s what you’re doing with them then they’re appropriate. They’re made for conditions that exceed what a tipi is meant for. The Kaitem and Keron tents are really designed for high winds and heavy snow in exposed positions above tree line. That’s why they’re so heavy. Weighing them with a Redcliff is sort of apples and oranges. The Redcliff is light enough to be a great backpacking tent whereas the 2 tents you’re considering weigh more than 2.5-3 times as much as a Redcliff! It’s kind of like comparing a RV to a concrete bunker. Lol.

I ended up getting a Redcliff but I also ordered a Hille Anjan 3GT recently on a deal I found and I’m going to compare them. I’ll probably keep it as I hunt and guide in various conditions. I want the Redcliff for summer camping with the wife and kids, when the bugs aren’t bad and for hunting and winter camping when I want to run a stove. If I’m camping where the bugs are really bad or I don’t want to have to check my stuff for snakes, scorpions and spiders. I’ll use the Hilleberg; and if I’m going to get some truly nasty weather with high winds or be camping above treeline, I’ll take the Hilleberg. There’s definitely a weight penalty with the Hilleberg but, with the Anjan and Nallo models (especially with the 3p) it’s not a huge penalty. Also, the price penalty with the Anjan and Nallo aren’t NEARLY as bad as the Kaitem and Keron! Lol.

I figured that if the Nallo and Anjan were good enough to get A-Ron Snyder to rave about them and they survived his abuse of them for years, they’d surely be more than rugged enough for my purposes! I guess it all depends on what you’re doing with them. If I was going on some exotic hunt in extreme conditions where I didn’t have to carry it, I’d go with one of those Expedition grade tents you are considering. But, that isn’t in the cards for me. What are you using a tent for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk