Cabelas Getaway 15 degree mummy bag review

I thought I would post a quick review on this bag. I purchased this bag in June of this year online. Normal price was 109.99, but cabelas had it on sale for 76.99 and I had a $50 gift card. I was looking for a relatively light weight bag that wouldn't break the bank. Listed specs are 15 degree comfort rating, 2lbs 9 oz. Upon arrival I weighed the bag. It weiged 2lbs, 10.5oz without stuff sack and 2lbs 13oz with stuff sack, so very close to advertised. Packed down nice and tight. I've used it for 7 days in Colorado and 5 days here in NC so far.

Temp rating- Seems pretty accurate. In Colorado, night time temps were 22-36 degrees. First night was 25 degrees and I slept in merino wool pants and shirt with wool socks. I actually got pretty warm and had to vent the bag. I am a warm sleeper. Subsequently, I slept in shorts and a t-shirt and wool socks each night after that and slept very comfortably. In fact, when temps where in the high 30's I had to vent the bag. Here in NC I've slept in temps down to the low 40's and the bag is almost too warm. I usually unzip it half to 3/4 so I don't roast. For the record my sleeping pad is a cheap closed cell foam pad while sleeping in a tent.

Construction- Seems very solid. I did have some issues with the zipper wanting to get stuck or hang up. I wish the foot box was a little wider. Shoulder width is perfect for me (5'11", 170lbs). Overall length is just about right. If i were 2" taller, then I would need a longer bag.

Durability- So far so good. I do worry about the zipper a little bit since I had issues from the start with it getting stuck. But, all the teeth are still intact and the zipper functions ok, just wants to hang up sometimes. I haven't abused the bag. It's been carried in my Kifaru Woodsmen and used for base camping and sleeping in my (unheated) camper in the mtns.

At 2lbs 10.5 oz, it's pretty light packs down small enough that it fits sideways in my woodsman easily. As the season progresses here in NC, I will see how it does in temps down into the low teens. Most of the time I will be sleeping in a camper, but the camper has no heat. There will be a few tent camping expeditions for it as well.

Just thought I would throw this review out there for those who are looking for a decent lightweight bag that won't break the bank.