What happened to Wyoming Lost & Found shelters??

A few years back I was intrigued by the more heavy duty materials WY L&F was using for their tipis. Did they go out of business? I would sure like to find around an 8 man model. Anyone know of them or have one? Thanks

4ester

WKR
A few years back I was intrigued by the more heavy duty materials WY L&F was using for their tipis. Did they go out of business? I would sure like to find around an 8 man model. Anyone know of them or have one? Thanks

I'm not sure they are still in business, although I believe they have a Facebook page.

Here is another option for a heavy tipi design that Robby Denning reviewed.

[video=youtube_share;j7qbL9pXAzs]https://youtu.be/j7qbL9pXAzs[/video]

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Last edited:

sveltri

WKR
I saw one of the Tentipis set up at the Colorado Trad High Country shoot, that thing was awesome if you're looking for heavy duty!

I had exactly zero interaction with WL&F, except when they (he) showed up on a forum for a period several years ago. I think this was a guy who completely understood how to create excellent shelters with some innovative designs and features. He was smarter than the average guy for sure. Unfortunately he also had more than his share of personal issues which completely interfered with conducting any kind of normal business. I believe (can't prove) he ended up abusing enough people and relationships that it led to the end of his business. I have no idea where he is now or what he might be doing. I 100% hope he gets his life back in order and finds some way to succeed.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm not sure they are still in business, although I believe they have a Facebook page.

Here is another option for a heavy tipi design that Robby Denning reviewed.

[video=youtube_share;j7qbL9pXAzs]https://youtu.be/j7qbL9pXAzs[/video]

Id definitely take a look at tentipi His stuff looks well made. There are even some youtube reviews where a guy kept it up for over a year through the 4 seasons and how it faired as a 1 year lived in Shelter. Pretty impressive. They are not cheap but look to be very well made and thought out.

WKR
I had exactly zero interaction with WL&F, except when they (he) showed up on a forum for a period several years ago. I think this was a guy who completely understood how to create excellent shelters with some innovative designs and features. He was smarter than the average guy for sure. Unfortunately he also had more than his share of personal issues which completely interfered with conducting any kind of normal business. I believe (can't prove) he ended up abusing enough people and relationships that it led to the end of his business. I have no idea where he is now or what he might be doing. I 100% hope he gets his life back in order and finds some way to succeed.
Pretty much my impression based on a few different things across the internet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk