Sawtooth solo

Anyone running a Sawtooth for extended solo adventures?

I like my Gen 2 Megatarp, but after a few days/nights not being able to stand up is a pain.

Thinking about adding the extra couple pounds for the comfort. I've got a Hilleberg Atko for high speed low drag missions, but I'd like a comfortable base camp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
I was actually thinking of getting one for solo as well, I did a little research on em a couple months back and I believe Aron Snyder was running one solo and actually perferred it over all others. It seems to give you a little more room to hang and dry clothes which is why I was wanting one for when the snow starts to fly.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes. Absolutely. I’ve never bivy hunted where I carry camp and set up every night but I will pack in to an area and set up camp. I ***LOVE***my Sawtooth for solo!

Mi6w66E.jpg

2016 moose hunt. I was the sole human occupant of this valley for 15 days. Sawtooth has completely earned my trust.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
For those that run it I think it comes with clothes lines on the inside? How has the clothes line worked out for you? Do you prefer to use it or hang clothes a different way?

oldgoat

WKR
I have a Sawtooth, have used it solo and it was a palace, I have a two man Tipi from another mother and I use it for short solo trips but if I was going for weekish or more I would take the Sawtooth, liner and stove even if I had to make a couple trips assuming I wasn't too far in which I never am.

Kevin, that's a great pic

Appreciate. Here's an image from 2015 when I did a caribou solo. Actual treeline is about 1,000 feet below and I had Dall sheep near my camp. Monster storm really tested my rig on this one.

TK6ujfW.jpg

OP
TradLife406
Thanks guys!

I have lighter more mobile shelters, a sheep tarp/Borah Bivy and that Hilleberg Atko if I need to bivy for a night. But by the time I set up my Megatarp and the stove I might as well just run a Sawtooth.

It's got a clothes line but there's really no room for clothes to hang in there...

Anyone want a Megatarp? Lol

oldgoat

WKR
You guys packing a liner too?

If I'm using the Sawtooth during elk season at least, I'm packing the liner. I've had the liner for a couple years, finally used it this last season and it changed the game! Kept it cooler during the day and dryer at night!