Multimedia Canvas Cutter Dominator Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_4296.jpg
You might have seen me posting on this last summer. Both Ryan and I ran their Dominator bedrolls in a variety of conditions. After 30 nights in the system, here's my final review on the Canvas Cutter Dominator, including videos

Canvas Cutter Dominator Bedroll Review - Rokslide

Also, they have free Priority shipping through January 1st, 2018

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Great review Robby! Ryan just gave me one of these (early Christmas present) and I'm excited to use it. I do a lot of trips where I sleep along the road under my canopy or in my atv trailer and this will be perfect for that.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great review Robby! Ryan just gave me one of these (early Christmas present) and I'm excited to use it. I do a lot of trips where I sleep along the road under my canopy or in my atv trailer and this will be perfect for that.

You'll like having having that option for those road trips.

Nice review.

As an aside - If you're looking into a mattress that comes close to your foam mattress at home and don't want to buy a bedroll, check out the REI Camp Bed 3.5. I'd say its about 85-90% of the way to my mattress at home.

Just want to edit and say I know there are a few that are likely more comfortable(a couple offerings by TAR and Exped come to mind) but the price point is much higher.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nice review.

As an aside - If you're looking into a mattress that comes close to your foam mattress at home and don't want to buy a bedroll, check out the REI Camp Bed 3.5. I'd say its about 85-90% of the way to my mattress at home.

Just want to edit and say I know there are a few that are likely more comfortable(a couple offerings by TAR and Exped come to mind) but the price point is much higher.

Thanks Jeff. I’ll check that out. One of our mods, William Hansen, reviewed one of the Expeds and really liked it, but I hadn’t heard of the other ones. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoneyDew

WKR
@robby denning would you get the pole system if you were doing it over again and would you prefer the new full pole system to the standard? Any interest in the mesh?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning would you get the pole system if you were doing it over again and would you prefer the new full pole system to the standard? Any interest in the mesh?

I have not tried the new pole system, but yes I wouldn’t wanna own this without the option of at least the original pole system. Keeps it off your face in inclement weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get the full length be careful with it.
The bedroll doesn't have a bunch of extra material and has a rubberized coating on the inside for waterproofing.
You have to pick the canvas up and pull it over carefully.
I did a quick 1 had tug to get some slack to zip it up and it instantly kinked a pole 1st time I used it.

Imo its a little maxed out with the full length poles.
I'm only using the smaller pole system from now on.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you get the full length be careful with it.
The bedroll doesn't have a bunch of extra material and has a rubberized coating on the inside for waterproofing.
You have to pick the canvas up and pull it over carefully.
I did a quick 1 had tug to get some slack to zip it up and it instantly kinked a pole 1st time I used it.

Imo its a little maxed out with the full length poles.
I'm only using the smaller pole system from now on.
Hey thanks for chiming in on that

Canvas Cutter was good and hooked me up with new poles when I was clearly past the warranty window on them.
But rite when the pre bend parts is it didn't take much to kink.
Id actually suggest they shorten them a bit so you had a tad more slack.

I think its much more convenient to use just the original pole system.

But I also rarely use the poles. If the weather is really that bad your not gonna want to get dressed etc.
You would have to keep a trash bag to put your boots in so they weren't full of water.

Id keep a pop up canopy, small easy to set up tent with you for truly poor weather.

I use mine in the canopy of the truck alot, and for the extra warmth.