New Stone Glacier Tent

MT_Wyatt

WKR
b171b95abbe42d25b4010e33293f2b3c.jpg

Looks like a dome with a top strut, linked inner with exterior poles.

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
They mention it on the Meateater podcast, when Kurt and Pete are on and discuss their unlimited ram hunts, among other things.

By "it" I mean they say something about getting into gear other than backpacks. Nothing specific.

MT_Wyatt

WKR

I should say, at least I hope it’s an exterior structure :)
Nonetheless it’s exciting the see them expanding what they are up to, similar to how Kifaru isn’t exclusively packs.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Called Pete yesterday to discuss my order, he hyped it up a bit. Says it’s lighter than a hilleberg and not as dark inside. Unfortunately told me I have to wait like everyone else for the videos releasing next week-ish. They won’t be ready for shipping for quite a while either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
They mention it on the Meateater podcast, when Kurt and Pete are on and discuss their unlimited ram hunts, among other things.

By "it" I mean they say something about getting into gear other than backpacks. Nothing specific.
that was it, thanks for the brain wash.
i was listening to it driving home from Ks this fall and 22 hours of windsheild time everything gets fuzzy.

aklogan

FNG

Am I the only one that notices it looks a lot like the kuiu tents? Which are a copy of Big Sky? I don't remember for sure which brand but to me it does not look like a new design.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully it won't leak....:rolleyes:
And I suppose there are only so many designs one can do.
Be interesting to see as Kurt knows his stuff.

Randy

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Am I the only one that notices it looks a lot like the kuiu tents? Which are a copy of Big Sky? I don't remember for sure which brand but to me it does not look like a new design.

You could say that about a hilleberg Rogen or Allak. For tents, I think there’s a lot more to judge on besides pole structure. Seems prudent to reserve judgement until we know all of the details. Just because it’s a pop up with a cross strut like a kuiu, hille, big sky or any other brand, doesn’t mean there isn’t innovation. I highly doubt at the end of the day “copy” will be a fair adjective.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Be nice to see some funtional and effective vents built in up top and a hybrid liner.

Judging by the picture they've shared in their catalog, it looks like it might have an enlarged/high ceiling vestibule(s). I can also see in the pictures posted in this thread that the strut pole seems to have two hooks on the end, one being attached to a cord/cable of some kind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Looks like it isn’t “live” yet as it can’t be see on any browser.

Pictures show an external pole setup, with special structural “sleeves” for the poles at the top. I was really hoping for external structure with a linked inner tent, but we’ll have to stay tuned to get all the details and thoughts behind the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
The link worked for me as well but internal links in the page it takes you to don't work. I was trying to get a feel for the price and clicked on the pre-order button but it doesn't take you anywhere. Several pictures also seem to be missing. I'm sure it will all be filled in shortly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk