New Stone Glacier Tent

brocksw

WKR
Just saw on SG's instagram, they are coming out with a 2 person 4 season tent that weighs in at 4 lbs and 4 oz. Anyone have a teaser photo for me? Cool stuff.

Last edited:

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Saw they are also coming out with a new Ultralight Frame. According to the post they did on Instagram.

Kurt Buddy. get on here and spoil us a bit =-)

stoneglacier: There’s a lot of really awesome things goin on right here. SG Designer, Kurt Racicot (@kurtracicot), has been testing his newest frame on a recent Montana sheep hunt with his dad. Stay tuned next week for the release of our newest products including our lightest frame ever!
#StoneGlacier #StoneGlacierPacks #KruxEvo #NewNew

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Well hell, there goes some cash :)
And I’ve been hoping for a bino harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Waiting.. waiting.. waiting..

AXEL

WKR
Why do they do this?????????

Randy

Because, in today's ultra-competitive market, where many are more "gearheads" than hardcore hunters, often due to a lack of game, huntable lands and time-money, GEAR is a BIG deal.

Many become convinced that one can BUY experience, skills, fitness and motivation and so are willing to buy, buy, buy, to get the ultimate for any forays they may take. This does make it possible for all of us to get gear we could not imagine when I started in 1964 and this is, all in all, a good thing, IMHO.

I have all I need, in fact, have sold a lot of gear and some fine mountain rifles in recent years, but, even we doddering old crocks enjoy seeing and discussing the latest gear.......and anything that keeps interest in hunting increasing is a benefit simply to keep hunting alive.

So, we just gotta suffer a bit, eh ;)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I JUST bought an X-curve in my quest to build a lighter pack. Theres no way the war department is going to let me buy another frame. I may have anX-curve for sale at some point lol.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I JUST bought an X-curve in my quest to build a lighter pack. Theres no way the war department is going to let me buy another frame. I may have anX-curve for sale at some point lol.

I highly doubt that the x-curve is getting 1 up’d by a new product, so I wouldn’t be too worried about it unless you really would be more comfortable with a different (straight) stay profile...... from the social media post sounds like an evolution to make the Krux platform even lighter. The original krux was out something like 6 years before they significantly updated it, which in my opinion shows how well designed and thought-out the SG stuff is.

dotman

WKR
Because, in today's ultra-competitive market, where many are more "gearheads" than hardcore hunters, often due to a lack of game, huntable lands and time-money, GEAR is a BIG deal.

Many become convinced that one can BUY experience, skills, fitness and motivation and so are willing to buy, buy, buy, to get the ultimate for any forays they may take. This does make it possible for all of us to get gear we could not imagine when I started in 1964 and this is, all in all, a good thing, IMHO.

I have all I need, in fact, have sold a lot of gear and some fine mountain rifles in recent years, but, even we doddering old crocks enjoy seeing and discussing the latest gear.......and anything that keeps interest in hunting increasing is a benefit simply to keep hunting alive.

So, we just gotta suffer a bit, eh ;)

Oh I don’t think people think gear makes them a better hunter, maybe more comfortable. I think people just like to try new things.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh I don’t think people think gear makes them a better hunter, maybe more comfortable. I think people just like to try new things.

Ya, but if you're more comfortable you ARE a better hunter because your attention isn't focused on the discomfort. If you sleep better at night and have comfortable gear during the day, you'll last out there longer and be more focused in the process.

Man, I wish they were making a 4lb 3-person 4-season tent. I'm still using the Krux frame, will be interested to see what the lightweight frame is since I already consider the Krux to be lightweight.

dotman

WKR
Ya, but if you're more comfortable you ARE a better hunter because your attention isn't focused on the discomfort. If you sleep better at night and have comfortable gear during the day, you'll last out there longer and be more focused in the process.

Man, I wish they were making a 4lb 3-person 4-season tent. I'm still using the Krux frame, will be interested to see what the lightweight frame is since I already consider the Krux to be lightweight.

Completely agree that comfort does make a diff, but I don’t think people believe that it makes them a better hunter as far as skills go.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I will be curious to see the design and overall square footage. There are a number of great four season 2-person tents at the 4 pound +/- range out there that are proven alpine shelters. MSR's Advance Pro 2, Big Agnes Shield 2, Rab Latok Mountain 2, etc. to name a few.

I wonder if technical apparel is next on the list for them....considering Jack Gilbert's involvement, I would not be too surprised.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I will be curious to see the design and overall square footage. There are a number of great four season 2-person tents at the 4 pound +/- range out there that are proven alpine shelters. MSR's Advance Pro 2, Big Agnes Shield 2, Rab Latok Mountain 2, etc. to name a few.

I wonder if technical apparel is next on the list for them....considering Jack Gilbert's involvement, I would not be too surprised.

I sure hope not. Id like to see them stay on the cutting edge of packs and eventually the cutting edge of shelters and possibly a few pieces of well designed clothing based off the ideas gained from experience (Like the lost park parka) rather than seeing them turn into a one stop shop for everything like Kuiu. I like Kuiu, I wish they would stick to clothing as I think lots of their other stuff falls short.

Trial153

WKR
I heard this move was coming on a recent podcast. Branching out into other facets of UL backcountry Gear. .....hopefully it works out for them.