Any experience with Nemo Shelters?

ChrisS

WKR
NO experience with that shelter, but it depends on what you're looking for and what you're using it for.

That weighs 6+ lbs packed. So my guess is that the NEMO will have a burly fabric (yep: 70D PU Nylon Ripstop). My SO 8-man tipi weighs 4.5lbs plus 10 ounces for stakes and I cut a pole onsite for nearly three times as much square footage. Plus the stove jack is already in the SO tipi.

HeadnWest

WKR
I do like Nemo products, but IMOP you are better off getting a SO Redcliff, that way you can add a stove if needed. The Redcliff would be about the same weight and packability but taller in height to help you stand up in it.

MIKEYB

WKR
Like said above the moffat's have ran one in the past and added a stove jack to it.

I have run one for several years as my 2 man plus gear tent. Been happy with it. I believe it comes in at about 4 pounds ( model I have). Always said I would add a stove jack but never have. Throwing around the idea of doing a DIY zip in stove jack similar to the what KUIU has out.

Looks like the current offering has under gone quite the design change from the model I have. Not very much venting and a big sod skirt. Almost makes me think they designed this a a snow/Ski shelter.

E1S2SmA.jpg

tna7LsD.jpg

Ramcam

Lil-Rokslider
I have the green with a stove jack and a 18" liteoutdoors stove lots of room for two.The new design does not have the sidevents that also pull the walls out for added room to bad that is a nice feature. Looks like more of a snow shelter now.

IMG_0264.jpg

Last edited:
I run the Apollo 3p when I need a quick lightwt setup and its worked great for me and my dog for 2 seasons now.
Im going to give the penatlite a try as well later this summer