Stove to go with Cimarron

Skeeter

FNG
Some guy on you tube posted a video that made the inward dents to be much worse than I have ever seen them. This season I have been running my stove pretty damn hot and only have had some small dents form as you can see in the pic.

Skeeter, is that about the level of denying that you have?
e477a0ac1b23e085e1b6c4cd13cb219f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s similar to what I have experienced. I think it’s normal. I actually took advice from another post and heated with a torch and pounded out with a mallet. Seemed to help.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I use a 7' pipe with my Cimarron. I was worried it would be too tall but think it's just the right height.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
ID_Matt

ID_Matt

WKR
OK. Lite outdoors seems to be the vote. From watching youtube videos it seems to be really simple set up and the larger door seems nice. Now what height of pipe for a Cimarron?? 7 ft?

MThuntr

WKR
I have the original version of the Lite Outdoors stove and really don't care for it because it uses wire and the stove door is really small. The new version looks to be a winner and would get my vote.

Seek Outside recommends a 6' stove pipe for the Cimmaron but I believe their stove is a touch taller so I'd go a little longer than 6' to be on the safe side. 7' won't weight more than a couple ounces more.

4ester

WKR
I’m running the Ti-Goat Cylinder in my Cimarron. Heats well. Smaller door then the LO, and with the 7’ stack it drafts so hard it sucks the door to the end plate and chatters at full burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of an older thread but what length pipe do you guys recommend best for the Cimarron for the LiteOutdoors Titanium Stove ... I saw someone with 8' but SeekOutside recommends 6' but it is a differently sized stove.

Going to get the spark arrestor and baffle unless anyone thinks otherwise

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
TiGoat WiFi w/ 6’ pipe. Works great...

Attachments

• 93888306-CBB2-44CB-8B97-61D882CDDBD8.jpeg
    93888306-CBB2-44CB-8B97-61D882CDDBD8.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 104

reaper

WKR
Bit of an older thread but what length pipe do you guys recommend best for the Cimarron for the LiteOutdoors Titanium Stove ... I saw someone with 8' but SeekOutside recommends 6' but it is a differently sized stove.

Going to get the spark arrestor and baffle unless anyone thinks otherwise
No need of baffle in this kind of stove.Awesome stove btw.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
I use the Tigoat small wifi stove. The #1 reason I chose it was because of the flat top for more efficient cooking and boiling water. It's only 23 oz. w/ a 7' pipe. It's small and light enough for backcountry use, yet strong enough to support a medium sized dutch oven full of food when camping near the truck. I opted for the 7' pipe because I use it in multiple tents. A 6' would work in
the Cimmaron.

90068cc2255bcd0f9e08717477353807.jpg
ccd91c62f9bb4d29feec13e7e96137c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pn8hall

WKR
I have the Lite Outdoors in a Cimarron with a 7ft pipe as recommended from Lite Outdoors. Seems to be the right length.

Sweet, good info, thanks everyone, going without the baffle and a 7' pipe from LiteOutdoors and grabbing the spark arrestor.

Just ordered the new DCF Cimarron yesterday. With all the equipment I'm putting together for this I'm trying to keep it sub 4.5lbs

okcaveman

FNG
I use the Tigoat small wifi stove. The #1 reason I chose it was because of the flat top for more efficient cooking and boiling water. It's only 23 oz. w/ a 7' pipe. It's small and light enough for backcountry use, yet strong enough to support a medium sized dutch oven full of food when camping near the truck. I opted for the 7' pipe because I use it in multiple tents. A 6' would work in
the Cimmaron.

90068cc2255bcd0f9e08717477353807.jpg
ccd91c62f9bb4d29feec13e7e96137c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
How much time do you have with the small wifi? Would you recommend it? I'm looking at picking up a stove for a LBO and this one is on the top of my list. My only concern is the small door size. Do you find it an issue?

jhm2023

WKR
How much time do you have with the small wifi? Would you recommend it? I'm looking at picking up a stove for a LBO and this one is on the top of my list. My only concern is the small door size. Do you find it an issue?

I've been using mine for almost 5 years now. I really like it and would recommend getting one. The smaller door does result in a little more wood prep but that's about the only con I see in it. I try to find wood that's about wrist sized and cut it to the width of the stove so I can stack it completely full. It's more durable than a cylinder stove and can hold more weight on top for cooking. As soon as I set camp I fill the stove with wood and an alcohol tablet and prep enough wood for at least 5 or 6 stove loads. That way when I come back that night all I have to do is light the alcohol tab and climb in my bag. They also make a few different sizes now depending on what your weight restrictions are.

okcaveman

FNG
I've been using mine for almost 5 years now. I really like it and would recommend getting one. The smaller door does result in a little more wood prep but that's about the only con I see in it. I try to find wood that's about wrist sized and cut it to the width of the stove so I can stack it completely full. It's more durable than a cylinder stove and can hold more weight on top for cooking. As soon as I set camp I fill the stove with wood and an alcohol tablet and prep enough wood for at least 5 or 6 stove loads. That way when I come back that night all I have to do is light the alcohol tab and climb in my bag. They also make a few different sizes now depending on what your weight restrictions are.
Awesome thanks! You pretty much talked me into it. Theres just not many reviews out on that one that I've found.