Thermarest ultralight cot knock off

Was doing some searching the morning and came across this?

Amazon.com: YaeKoo Outdoor Super Ultralight& Portable Folding Aluminium alloy Cot Camping Tent Bed: Sports & Outdoors

Looks like some one is selling a knock off on Amazon.
After I clicked your link I was browsing around and found another cot that is the same weight and looks like it had slightly better reviews. Amazon.com: Terra Hiker Ultra-Lightweight Camping Cot, Collapsible Camping Bed, Upgraded Version Camp-Beds for Outdoor Activities (Camping cot): Sports & Outdoors

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I’ve been looking quite extensively at these knock offs and was curious if anybody had actually tried them too. From my experience with retail, often they are made in the same factory and just put a different sticker on them depending on who put he order in now this isn’t always the case as the Chinese brands are the masters of imitation but not quality. If they are decent quality it may be worth buying the knock off.

MIKEYB

WKR
I picked up the Yahill branded Cot on amazon. It was a lightning deal and for $40-50 I figured I couldn't go wrong comparing the price on the name brand cots. I set it up when I received it and have spent about 5 nights on it by the truck or at a base camp.

I have never compared it to Thermarest or Helinox cot but it seems to be built well. Its comfortable on its own and with a slightly aired up pad or zlite its even better.

The one I have weighed 3.6 on my scale and and packed about the size of my Exped orange Long wide pad.

I have yet to get myself to pack it in. I might give it a shot this year on a overnight. I when I start to put my gear together it just seems unnecessary weight I don't want to lug around. If its a trip were I'm hanging around camp Id rather pack a light chair. if its a scouting trip, I'm on the move.

Assembly takes less than 10 mins but could be a pain if your tearing it down and setting up frequently.

For me where it shines is cost for one. Its there and if it don't get use, it wont bother me much. Second is weight light and small. can put in a tote with overnight stuff for a quick scouting trip.

Truck or close camping. If you are driving long distances and need to pull over and sleep this would be great in the truck bed or next to the truck for some sleep at a trail head or impromptu camp spot.

I picked up a XL Cabelas cot this year for base camp, so the yahill may not get much play this year. Overall I think the price is right if this is something you want to give a try and have around. I don't think its something your going to get and be disappointed you spent the money on a POS.

mrgreen

WKR
Not to derail, but if anybody finds a less expensive version of the Big Agnes/Helinox Convertible Cot (w/ extension legs) please spread the word.