Lite Outdoors stove in SO Redcliff?

OP
BrushyHillGuide
well you need to download IG then hit the search bar and enter my name.

I’m a dummy. I’ve been searching for “couesarizona!” Lol! Maybe if I’d read your entire post. Lol! I found you....and am now “following” you. Lol! Great video!

I noticed your stove pipe was tied off. How’d you do that and could you do it in the backcountry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BrushyHillGuide the hole for the pipe was already cut out from kifaru. The stove pipe from LO is a smaller diameter than the simith stove. so there was some play. I just used the tab loop that’s on the top of the super tarp and tied off the other end to porch. If you camped next to some brush or a tree you could do the same.

OP
BrushyHillGuide
BrushyHillGuide the hole for the pipe was already cut out from kifaru. The stove pipe from LO is a smaller diameter than the simith stove. so there was some play. I just used the tab loop that’s on the top of the super tarp and tied off the other end to porch. If you camped next to some brush or a tree you could do the same.

Awesome! Did you use wire around the stove pipe itself? I’m guessing it gets hot? Pretty sure I could stake it out with a long enough piece of cordage.

Since I may want to run a different stove in there at some point, I’d like to leave the stove jack at 3” to give me the freedom to use different stoves. Another, possible, solution I came up with was a Velcro-on piece of stove jack material with a smaller X-cut hole for the 2.5” stove pipe on the LO stove. The last fix I came up with (aside from sewing in another stove jack) is to get a small piece of fiberglass insulation, that’s only 1/2” thick, and wrap it around the pipe to make it 3” in diameter. Only problem with this, best (imo), idea is that I can’t find any stove pipe insulation thinner than 1”. Yet, anyway.

So sorry for all these post but as I think about why I went with the choice I did I get more pieces of data coming back

I believe I looked at the end plates of the xl and the standard and the door opening itself as it was the same size and same material although the stove was bigger diameter the door entry was the same and I didn't know that I could capture the advantage of that 2" with twisted and bent branches going in the same opening if that makes any sense

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This was really helpful thread. Thanks everyone for the info and pics I picked up a Redcliffe this winter and have been trying to decide on which LO stove I will go with.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
This was really helpful thread. Thanks everyone for the info and pics I picked up a Redcliffe this winter and have been trying to decide on which LO stove I will go with.

I'd suggest 18" because breaking sticks off at 12" is a huge PITA, and they burn up too quickly. Ask me how I know lol. I bought an 18" last year and it is way easier to gather wood for and burns much longer.

I'd suggest 18" because breaking sticks off at 12" is a huge PITA, and they burn up too quickly. Ask me how I know lol. I bought an 18" last year and it is way easier to gather wood for and burns much longer.

Thanks, I had settled on one of the 18" options but am debating between the 8.25" diameter and the 10.5" XL model. Did you end up going with the 8.25" or the XL version?

Last edited:

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I had settled on one of the 18" options but am debating between the 8.25" diameter and the 10.5" XL model. Did you end up going with the 8.25" or the XL version?

8.25 for me. But I'm sure the XL would burn a bit longer at the cost of 12 extra ounces and packability. Keep in mind the amount of room it will take up in the floor of the tent and in your pack.