Lite Outdoors stove in SO Redcliff?

I’m looking at (my first) stoves for my Redcliff and I’m wondering if I can run a Lite Outdoors stove in the Redcliff? Since the LO stove uses a 2.5” diameter stove pipe and the Redcliff is designed for SO’s 3.125” diameter stove pipe, I’m wondering if there would be too much slop in the stove jack? Not sure how all this works so I thought I’d ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be fine plus I don't think S O cuts those out.My Silvertip just had a rough sketch where it could be cut.
I wouldn't worry about getting a tight fit

young7.3

WKR
My Cimarron was precut but I think you'll be fine with the 2.5". It's only a .625” difference.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Redcliff and run a XL stove and it works awesome . Your LO will work great . You'll be surprised how nice it will heat up the tent.
Enjoy.

I run that exact set up. Does awesome!

6fec457f2bb4bfc03b5db4e9bfbee145.jpg

Yea the cut out for the stove pipe is just an "X" slit in it so any standard pipe will work. Here I my Redcliffe and LO stove:redcliffe .jpg

OP
BrushyHillGuide
Yea the cut out for the stove pipe is just an "X" slit in it so any standard pipe will work. Here I my Redcliffe and LO stove:View attachment 64944

That’s awesome! How do you like that LO stove? This will be my first stove and I’ve gone back and forth between the LO XL and a Kifaru or SO Box but I’ve pretty well settled on the LO because of the 18” length and the baffle - for longer rounds and longer burn times and some weight savings. Plus, for $50 extra I can get the the smaller stove body thrown in, if I ever want to go smaller.

Are you running the baffle? If so, how do you like it?

I’m going with the SO LBO shelter and LO stove this year. Seems a lot of guys on here are using the SO shelters and LO stoves with great luck. I can’t wait to try it!

I do have the baffle and his spark arrestor both I like the baffle though it will tend to create a bit more smoke for your startups in the morning of course this all depends on your wood

I also like having those endplates with the option to go to a smaller stove body but in all honesty it just never was something I decided to do because I like the option of an 18in and if I want to put smaller branches in I just put smaller branches but if all I have are large ones available then I'm not hurt no reason to go smaller on a stove just don't put as much wood in a bigger stove

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
BrushyHillGuide
I do have the baffle and his spark arrestor both I like the baffle though it will tend to create a bit more smoke for your startups in the morning of course this all depends on your wood

I also like having those endplates with the option to go to a smaller stove body but in all honesty it just never was something I decided to do because I like the option of an 18in and if I want to put smaller branches in I just put smaller branches but if all I have are large ones available then I'm not hurt no reason to go smaller on a stove just don't put as much wood in a bigger stove

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So, you’re happy with the standard 18” LO stove? I got to looking at the XL and I’m wondering if it’d be a better choice? You could really load it up with wood, even with a baffle installed, and set it to a slow burn all night, without too bad a weight penalty. Any regrets you didn’t get a bigger stove?

Or is the XL just TOO big for a Redcliff?

I got a LO 18” with the 5’ pipe for my super tarp. I was going to get the smith cylinder stove but didn’t like all the wires. The LO stove is a cleaner set up in my opinion. Granted I’ve never had my hands on the smith stove. I haven’t used it yet in the super tarp but I’ll be using it this weekend for the first time.

So, you’re happy with the standard 18” LO stove? I got to looking at the XL and I’m wondering if it’d be a better choice? You could really load it up with wood, even with a baffle installed, and set it to a slow burn all night, without too bad a weight penalty. Any regrets you didn’t get a bigger stove?

Or is the XL just TOO big for a Redcliff?

For me hunting from Aug to Oct, this stove is ideal. At 18" long it handles all I need. This stove will cook you out quickly.
If I were to do a 4 season hunt, I would opt for a wall tent and a real stove that burns longer.
I don't know of any Back packing titanium type stove that has great 4-6 hr burn time.

I have seen over 2.5 hr burn time on average wood with my baffle and some big diameter cut offs.
I am usually nestled deep in the bag by the time it goes out. It drafts quickly on restart too and that is a key for me- I hate a smokey tent.

I am totally happy with the 18" and Redcliffe combo. I have no need of a square body stove, yet this stove uses steel rods running full length and you can put a pot on it and it stays perfectly balanced - no issues.

A lot of the answer to your question depends on the hunt, duration, timing and area.

I just felt for the weight (solo hunt 99%), and $$ this was the ideal, all around stove for me and this tent. It was barely heavier than the smaller size one, and not much more $$. But beyond this one, the weight and $$ wasn't justified for me, and still isn't.

My pack was already 50+ lbs with my gear for 5-7 days, and I remember thinking, I may not even need the stove.

You just gotta envision your scenarios and go from there.
Bigger isn't always better, cause to stock the big ones up full with wood, even with pipe shut off and dampener closed off, keeping mind it still needs to be hot enough to draft the smoke- that is a lot of heat gonna roll out of that thing perhaps too much?