Steam bath anyone?

I got to thinking about this tonight.
Has anyone with the hot tent setup ever turned it into a steambath,?yes, on purpose!

I had a smokehouse once when snow blocked airflow under side and stove just smoldered for a while.
Probably have a cool rain on you not long after releasing a bunch of steam maybe?

dotman

WKR
Wouldn’t it build condensation up really bad on the walls and get everything wet?

OP
B
i'm talking about setting it up solely as a steambath.nothing inside but the stove fired up heating rocks dump rocks in water= steam,
think native american sweat lodge

Jimbob

WKR
I grew up having regular Sauna's, nothing like it. We would get it so hot that you couldn't breath and your skin tingled LOL, even melted a couple plastic buckets in there.

It takes awhile to heat up rocks to the point that they can take a bunch of dowsing of water and still create steam. I don't see a backpacking stove doing so great heating up a bunch of rocks. Not worth the effort to set it all up and only have a little baby steam.

Just set up a tarp, have a big fire outside with big rocks in it, then carry rocks under tarp and pour water on them. The traditional Native American sweat lodge is a simple and effective design.