Big sky tents

whitingja

WKR
I’m in the market for a new tent. Does anybody have any experience with big sky tents? Are they good quality and customer service? Thanks.

Mosby

WKR
A few years ago people in the backpacking community had significant problems with customer service or lack of. I think there are some good reviews of their products but if I recall correctly, communication and service from the company was really lacking. I think it was a hit or miss kind of thing and an order at your own risk kind of company. Don't know how the company is run today.

SCOGS

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a big sky tent and haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I really like it. Build quality is to notch. I really like there designs and there prices are fair. There website really sucks. I ordered my tent online and they emailed me a few days later saying they didn't make that style anymore and offered to upgrade me for free. I had a few back and forth emails and they were all returned within a day or two and very informative. There customer service issues seem to have been resolved. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another tent from them and I think if they invested some money into there website they would sell a lot more tents.

Rockchuck

WKR
I have their chinook 2 man and like it a lot. I have been thinking about adding a 1 man in another model too. They were hard to reach during the ordering process and I was quoted a 3 week delivery time frame and it was almost twice that, but i got the tent and it has been great. I would buy again, you just gotta know going in it is gonna take some time to get it.