Shelters similar to a supertarp

VIAM Outdoors. looks like decent shelters. No actual experience with them but they look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I have been to tristans house and hes helped me out. He's a great guy. His CC divide is interesting but out of my price range. The tarps are cool but l want something not so low to the ground.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I think the DST is a great value.With that said I was disappointed that the center patch did not have a pocket to secure a pole. I will rectify that soon. I think it is very well made

Seth1913

Lil-Rokslider
Some good info so far in this thread. I think there are probably at least a few folks out there that are unaware of all the different cottage companies/manufactures of these style shelters, so just to muddy the waters a little, I thought I would add a few more names to the hat. Some have already been mentioned but most haven't, some only build CF shelters, some only build sylnylon (or similar material) shelters, and some build both.

Mountain Laurel Designs
Hyperlite Mountain Gear
Tarptent
Yama Mountain Gear
BearPaw Wilderness Designs
Locus Gear
Seek Outside
Zpacks
Kifaru
Titanium Goat
Borah Gear
Hammock Gear
Six Moon Designs
Integral Designs
Equinox Ultralite
Jimmy Tarps
Hummingbird Hammocks
Mountain smith
Black Diamond

And I'm sure the list goes on and on and on.

There needs to be a sticky will all of the cottage manufactures and a short explanation. I think it would really benefit the forum. There really not that much info on here about the cottage manufacturers