Slick bag size?

I’m about to pull the trigger on a 20° slick bag and I’m wondering about the size I should get. I’m 6’ 2” and 180lbs. I figure I need the long but not sure if I need the wide? I’d rather not add any more weight than I need to but I don’t want to be in a sleeping bag that’s too short of too narrow to be comfortable.

Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
I tried both at Kifaru last summer and the wide definitely felt, well...wide. If you are okay with just a standard bag fit and don't require a lot of extra roominess in the shoulders I think you'd be fine with a long/regular.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
I tried both at Kifaru last summer and the wide definitely felt, well...wide. If you are okay with just a standard bag fit and don't require a lot of extra roominess in the shoulders I think you'd be fine with a long/regular.
Wide = more air for your body to heat up. Standard slick bag are pretty wide already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
BrushyHillGuide

Thanks! I’ve never owned a “wide” sleeping bag in my 42 years of sleeping in them, even when I weighed 220! Lol! But when presented with the option, it got the old gears turning. Haha!

Thanks Adam!

AdamW

WKR
You bet and as verysimple said the slick isn’t narrow by any means. I wasn’t planning to buy any time soon but I knew I’d have the same question so I tried them out.

Jbehredt

WKR
6’2” 185 here. I had the same question. I sleep a lot in what I call the “running man” position. It’s somewhere between laying on my stomach and side with one leg pulled up. I Needed to know if I could pull a leg up in the regular width long bag. I live across town from the shop so I played hooky from work one Friday and headed over there to try the bags on. Regular long is the ticket at our size.

cody6510

Lil-Rokslider
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 20° slick bag and I’m wondering about the size I should get. I’m 6’ 2” and 180lbs. I figure I need the long but not sure if I need the wide? I’d rather not add any more weight than I need to but I don’t want to be in a sleeping bag that’s too short of too narrow to be comfortable.

Suggestions?

I'm similar to your height/ weight and originally ordered a wide/long. I ended up swapping it for a regular/long. The wide was just way to big for me.

jdk81

FNG
6’2” 185 here. I had the same question. I sleep a lot in what I call the “running man” position. It’s somewhere between laying on my stomach and side with one leg pulled up. I Needed to know if I could pull a leg up in the regular width long bag. I live across town from the shop so I played hooky from work one Friday and headed over there to try the bags on. Regular long is the ticket at our size.

That is great information. I was wondering if I would need the wide, as I sleep in a similar position from time to time, and I didn't want the additional weight.

I'm just under 6'2"... Do you guys think the regular length would work for you? Or is the long required? The difference is only .1lbs however