Therm-a-rest neoair Xtherm that good?

rootacres

WKR
I have the option to pick up a xtherm regular for $139.99 new. Just want to know if this pad is really that good. The reviews seem to be pretty awesome on it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

I haven’t used every light weight pad out there, but from my limited experience this is the best light wt. pad I’ve used and own. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that deal on MassDrop. Buy it! For weight, warmth, durabilty, comfort, compactness. Nothing else comes close, especially for that price. The only concern would be if you're a guy that can't deal with a mummy-cut 20 inch wide pad. In that case, they have the large for a few more bucks.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
I have the option to pick up a xtherm regular for $139.99 new. Just want to know if this pad is really that good. The reviews seem to be pretty awesome on it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Best out there. R 5.7 for 4 seasons warmth. I like Max version - squared one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love mine, after 5 years of use it's still going strong. I got a pin hole in it from an ember the first time I ever used it, patched it and it's worked ever since.

People say it's noisy, if you hunt hard enough during the day you won't hear a thing. Also, I feel it's much quieter after it's been broken in.

Love mine, if you're sleeping floorless the xtherm has a thicker (70d) bottom as well, so less worry about abrasions and holes.

Ruskin

WKR
I have had one for 5 years. 1st pad i bought when i started elk hunting. I sleep cold and like the 5.7R value. I use a quilt and i feel like my arms slide off the pad. Getting the large which is 25" wide instead of the regular which is 20" wide, might have help this issue. That said, i'm not willing to carry the extra weight, so I kept my regular and am happy.

Note: This may be a non-issue if you sleep in a mummy bag.

mt100gr.

WKR
As stated, it's a great pad. I'd buy another in a second if something happens to the one I have. I tested my sleep system on Xmas eve at exactly zero degrees as I had been curious / hesitant and wondering if it was up to the task. My x therm pad on the snow was the least of my worries. Never had any cold from underneath.

Owenst7

WKR
Just had mine down at 7F for the night climbing a 11000' peak while using a quilt. My favorite insulated pad out there. They are svelte if you sleep like a tornado. In that situation, the Max would be a good choice (rectangular shape).

$130 is a very good price. Therm-A-Rest NeoAir XTherm Lightweight Inflatable Backpacking Air Mattress, Regular - 20 x 72-Inches (B00TSFYZAE) | Amazon price tracker / tracking, Amazon price history charts, Amazon price watches, Amazon price drop alerts | camelcamelcamel.com

jdk81

FNG
Sweet bulletproof pad. I have picked up the new, Kylmit pads and they are also cool. Worth a try anyway, I'm not a cold sleeper so the Xtherm is overkill

Owenst7

WKR
Sweet bulletproof pad. I have picked up the new, Kylmit pads and they are also cool. Worth a try anyway, I'm not a cold sleeper so the Xtherm is overkill

I have the uninsulated Klymit and like it a lot. Very comfortable and it's durable. One of the guys I hunt with has the insulated version. They are a darn good pad, especially considering you can get cheap refurbs direct from Klymit on eBay, or catch them traveling through Costco. At R4.4, I think the insulated one would be plenty of warmth during most Western hunts.