Seek Outside LBO with stove

Eastern Elk Pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had any input on whether they felt a LBO with a stove would be necessary for a spring bear hunt in Idaho. We hopefully will be in the Boise National Forest at around 8900 feet in the first week of May. Does anyone think that a stove is necessary for that time of year. It would be a big purchase for me if I did buy the whole package so I want to make sure it is actually necessary. I know it will be much more comfortable with a stove, but can I get buy with just a 2 person tent from any of the name brands (Kelty, Nemo)? Thanks so much.

dog812

WKR
Man, I have slept on the snow many a time...I don't think saying a stove in your tent in any situation is "necessary"

But that being said, it can make or break your hunt of your wet and cold. Drying out may make you hunt longer.

I’m ordering the LBO soon and I am for sure getting a stove for it. Won’t always need it but for trips where the weather may be iffy I can see it being very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhaaland

FNG
You can get by with any tent yes. But if I could re-do a few of my spring bear hunts, id have a tp/tarp and stove. That time of year has all kinds of moisture from rain to melting snow. At your elevation and time frame you'll probably have both, so having a stove to dry things out and take the chill off your back at night will be a huge boost for moral WHEN things get tough. Plus the LBO is a great lightweight sleep system without the stove as well and I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for it.Good luck!

OP
E

Eastern Elk Pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks so much for the info. great to hear from people who have gone without the stove really wishing they had. I am between the silvertip and the LBO. I guess now I just have to decide.

dog812

WKR
I have the lbo and the lite outdoors stove.
Made a couple setup videos... If you have Any questions let me know

OP
E

Eastern Elk Pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks so much. I have watched every video I can find. Which ones were yours? Do you use the half nest or go flourless? Also do you have to keep feeding it all night? Thanks again.

dog812

WKR
Thanks so much. I have watched every video I can find. Which ones were yours? Do you use the half nest or go flourless? Also do you have to keep feeding it all night? Thanks again.
Here's my two I have made...
I do have a single nest from China..a bug bivy, and a Jimmy tarps bivy.. .but not in the videos.
Setting up the seek outside lbo, connecting tarp and vestibule. - YouTube
Seek outside lil bug out ( lbo ) + vestibule and lite outdoors titanium stove setup. - YouTube

OP
E

Eastern Elk Pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Man that's awesome i have watched those videos like ten times. I kept thinking that dog really loves that tent. I have never camped out west before so I am trying to gather all the info I can. Thanks so much for making the videos.