Opinions on enlightened equipment quilt

I'm getting ready to place an order for a 0 degree Revelation, but the one thing I'm unsure of are the 20D weather resistant stripes. Can someone tell me what these are and their purpose? I've looked all over the website, but can't find a description or pictures.

I would also advise getting the strips if you ever plan to use your quilt outside of the shelter. I often wrap up in mine for cold glassing sessions and the extra material helps a lot with durability.

I agree with the previous points about going wide and long - to a degree though. It certainly can be nice to wrap up in the extra width but your body still needs to heat the additional void space within the quilt. I would size up only within reason and still get a quilt that fits your body.

TXCO

WKR
Ive run a EE 10 degree revelation pro for several years. I think EE makes a great quality product and I love the foot box design as I usually sleep with a cold body but hot feet so its perfect for me. Super light and compresses down well. My only design knock is the little drawstring at the head of the quilt is in the middle so it taps/hits your face when its pulled up high. I havent seen a newer version to know if that has been changed.

In general, I think quilts are great until it gets into the 20s. At that point I want a bivy or a liner for the quilt or a sleeping bag in order to trap more of the heat. If youre looking for a summer/early fall all in one you'll probably be happy with a quilt. If its cold or late season, you may want to try one out first or have a liner/bivy pair option.

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
I would also advise getting the strips if you ever plan to use your quilt outside of the shelter. I often wrap up in mine for cold glassing sessions and the extra material helps a lot with durability.

Awesome, thanks for the input. Looks like the stripes only add 1oz, so not much weight penalty. I'm looking at the forest color and hoping the fern stripes are a close match. Pumped to get this order and try it out chasing turkey's this spring!

boom

WKR
Awesome, thanks for the input. Looks like the stripes only add 1oz, so not much weight penalty. I'm looking at the forest color and hoping the fern stripes are a close match. Pumped to get this order and try it out chasing turkey's this spring!

mine (i just got it a month ago) came with the straps. i didnt research jack-s and just ordered the thing on a whim.

about the straps. you get one loop strap and one straight strap. i just ordered additional loop straps yesterday. i am gonna run two of those, and toss the straight strap. it just makes sense to me..i rather have the straps (both) around the pad and not one around me.

I have been using an EE revelation 20 deg wide quilt for a few seasons and have been very pleased with it. The temp rating has been accurate for me, but I am a warm sleeper. I would highly recommend it.

As others have said, pay attention to how to use the straps. I had a couple cold nights before I was smart enough to watch the video on EE's website.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
10* long/wide Revelation for me (6'2". 215lbs). Active sleeper. It has changed how well I rest in the outdoors. My only recommendation that really gave me a lot more confidence when it gets real cold (aside from using the straps properly) is using the EE Down Hoodlum. It's a down filled balaclava that is insanely light, comfortable and warm (downright hot sometimes!). I confidently (and regularly) take that setup on my Neo air and under a tarp into the teens.

I have an EE 10F Revelation and a Hammock Gear 20F Burrow Econ. Both are very well made. Definitely figure out the straps before a cold night. I'm a true believer in quilts for the way I sleep and how dang light and compact they are. A hoodlum or some other syn hat would be a good addition.

boom

WKR

just to clarify..mine CAME with the straps. i didnt even know about them to ask for them. just found them in the box, and wondered.."hmm..straps"

the two hoop straps system is gonna work for me. at least it did on my living room floor. IF i had known,i think would have asked for two hoops right from the get-go. save me $5ish. ;)