Stove for cimarron

Rsully661

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a cimarron. What stove is ideal or are you guys mostly running? Is a SO better that kifaru, ect? What size is best? Will be mostly used for running and gunning not base camp. Are you all using them for high altitude early archery elk?

One more question on a side not. Picking up Jetboil also but the micro Mo says only good down to 20 degrees. Is that for all Jetboil? What are you using for late season cold as hell temps?

Greatly Appreciate the help, Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
Liteoutdoors is by far my favourite tent stove I’ve used so far. I’d get the 18” option for a cimarron. Order the baffle and it virtually eliminates the need for a spark arrestor or extra length chimney.

As for your jetboil question. Most canister stoves lose efficiency as you decrease in temperature or increase altitude. If you go the jetboil route don’t get their gas with it.

The isopro mix is what mostly affects the stove performance with the concentrations of propane / butane varying by manufacturer.

I’ve had a lot of luck using the msr or gigapower mixes at lower temps.

As for jetboil itself - I am very anti jetboil for a number of reasons. Prone to failure and they are anti hunter.

I use a Soto micro regulator stove myself. I’ve had this down to the low teens as well as at elevations and haven’t had it fail me yet.

For true winter camp if you’re better off using a liquid fuelled stove. If you want the best of both worlds the msr whisperlite universal can run both gas and liquids for 4 season use but there is also a weight penalty.

Under normal hunting conditions from Mid sept - Early Dec I use the microregulator with a ti or silicon pot. Weighs nothing, packs to nothing. Hundreds of hours on mine and even the ignition hasn’t failed me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dog812

WKR
I also have the lite outdoors 18" with baffle , great stove.
I have used my minimo jetboil way below freezing. It just takes a long time.

I think any of the top stove manufacturers will meet your needs in the Cimm.
I use a jet boil mini mo and it has been fine for me down to 20. I personally haven't gone below that. Even when it was 20 outside, my wood stove had it way warmer inside.

I have both MSR and Jet B gas canisters.. At normal temp ratings I haven't noticed a difference in performance.
Funny note- I bought my Jet Boil stove at a Cabelas (hunter friendly) and my MSR canister at PETA loving anti hunter hiking store.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I can't speak for other manufacturer's products, but I can tell you what's different about our stoves.

We precision cut and bend our panels so everything is square, true, uniform, and tight. This allows you to control airflow through the box very well.

Square tops are easier to cook on, and will support a lot of weight without deforming.

We are not the cheapest stove out there, but we take pride in our quality and usability.