6 Man Tent Recommendations

6/8 Man Tent Recommendations

I am replacing our old Coleman 6 man tent and wanted to pick something up that can hold up in the weather better. The primary uses will be for family car camping trips and a shelter at base camps during hunting.
I am looking at picking up one of Cabelas' 6 man Alaskan Guide tents because of its high reviews but want to know if anyone has any other recommendations for a double-wall 6 man tent in the same price range that I should consider? I am also considering Cabelas' 8 man if I could get it when its on sale. Anything bigger I think I would run into space issues when camping at developed sites.

Last edited:

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I am replacing our old Coleman 6 man tent and wanted to pick something up that can hold up in the weather better. The primary uses will be for family car camping trips and a shelter at base camps during hunting.
I am looking at picking up one of Cabela’s 6 man Alaskan Guide tents because of its high reviews but want to know if anyone has any other recommendations for a double-wall 6 man tent in the same price range that I should consider?

Tyler Beck manager of the Wall Tent Shop here. If you are interested in something in canvas, we offer our Wilderness Tent in sizes up to 16x24. This would be plenty of room for 6 people, a stove, and gear. We even offer 6' sidewalls if you have some taller hunters within your group. Depending on where you are at in Washington, you could always swing by (Moscow, ID) and check our products out. Feel free to give us a call at 1800 234 1150 with any questions or check out out website WALL TENTS

OP
C
Thanks for the suggestion Tyler but I am looking for something more along the lines of a dome tent. We don't need a stove option for this shelter.

LaHunter

WKR
I had the Cabelas 8 man Alaskan tent for about 15-20 years. Great tent for about 2 or 3 people + gear, if you don’t need a wood burning stove. No way I would try to stuff 6 people in this tent. The dome shape really shrinks the useable floor space. For 4+ people truck camping, a wall tent with a stove is gonna be hard to beat

OP
C
Thanks LaHunter. There wouldn't be anymore than 4 (2 adults/2 kids) in the tent. In those situations, we would be on pads not cots. After a little research, the 8 man would likely be size tent.

It's a good tent. Don't know if you can find better for the price. My dad and brother bought a 6 man many years ago and it has held up well.