Can the Cimarron fit 2 nests and a stove?

sk1

WKR
looking for a good setup for two guys and a stove, but also might be still used for solo hunts. I like the option of a nest because sometimes it would be used earlier in the season where bugs could potentially be an issue. Can you safely use two nests in the cimarron with a box stove in between?

i have also considered the kifaru sawtooth and the seek outside 4 man tipi. i do like the cimarron nests, but i guess i could go to some type of UL bivy for bug protection if necessary

thoughts?

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
looking for a good setup for two guys and a stove, but also might be still used for solo hunts. I like the option of a nest because sometimes it would be used earlier in the season where bugs could potentially be an issue. Can you safely use two nests in the cimarron with a box stove in between?

i have also considered the kifaru sawtooth and the seek outside 4 man tipi. i do like the cimarron nests, but i guess i could go to some type of UL bivy for bug protection if necessary

thoughts?

You can do one nest, but not two if you want to run a stove. Same is true for pretty much all SO shelters that can be used with a nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
You can do one nest, but not two if you want to run a stove. Same is true for pretty much all SO shelters that can be used with a nest.

ah darn that sucks, it looked like it was going to be too tight for two nests.

not sure what to consider next, maybe a sawtooth or SO 4 man tipi with ul bivy for when bug protection is necessary

thanks for letting me know

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

not sure what to consider next, maybe a sawtooth or SO 4 man tipi with ul bivy for when bug protection is necessary

Yeah you can do one half nest or a full nest for bug protection, but the stove complicates things. Screen doors are another option.

sveltri

WKR
I have a hard time believing that if its cold enough for a stove that bug protection is necessary??

dog812

WKR

You can buy single nests, I bought one from China. I could put 2 in my lbo if needed

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I have a hard time believing that if its cold enough for a stove that bug protection is necessary??

i guess in my experience in mid-september you can have both. can be warm and buggy, could be cold the entire time, or it can be buggy and make the switch during your hunt...my last wyoming hunt it was 80-85 degrees the first 5 days, and the last 6 days it was snowing.

i would imagine that in most cases you're right, i could go one way or the other, i was just trying to cover all of my options. first time going floorless

dog812

WKR
China actually stole my picture of this.... That's my quad in the background ha ha!
But yeah, you could fit two of these
f79411560becc7fe9e78787e76aee01e.jpg

sveltri

WKR
I think you’ll find it’s one or the other. As far as bugs go, site selection is very important.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
well the kifaru sawtooth just went on sale, so i ordered it with an 18 inch cylinder stove.

i will have to learn whats going to work for me as far as if i want a nest of some type or not

gustafsj

Lil-Rokslider
I could run the Seek Outside LBO with the connecting tarp with two nests and a stove. Haven’t done it yet, but’s possible.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Buy two individual big bivies for your sleep systems and be done. Not nests

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider

This. My Borah Gear bivy is light as hell and would work fantastic for this. I'd bet you could bring along a bug coil and still be lighter than a nest, for those times at camp where you don't want to be in your bivy just yet but still want bugs gone.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR

yeah i was looking into this as well, seems to be the way to go. just trying to find the right one