Lite outdoors stove for sawtooth

i.php

Great Combo

And do the baffle....

Does the baffle make a huge difference? My LO stove is like 3 years old and I don't think it was an option at the time.

Only things I've noticed that are cons:
The carry bags will wear out. (Stitching will bust and material will tear)
You can trim some weight (couple oz) off them by replacing a few things/ cutting things out. (but this is personal preference.)

But its a great setup. Heat in a tent is so nice.

Does the baffle make a huge difference? My LO stove is like 3 years old and I don't think it was an option at the time.

Only things I've noticed that are cons:
The carry bags will wear out. (Stitching will bust and material will tear)
You can trim some weight (couple oz) off them by replacing a few things/ cutting things out. (but this is personal preference.)

But its a great setup. Heat in a tent is so nice.

I can’t tell you from extensive experience because I’m new to the LO 18” but the baffle does seem to make the burn time a bit longer than without it. Enough that it’s noticeable but not so much that it’s noteworthy. Is it “worth” it? Hard to say - that’s going to be different for different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
Tough to beat. I run the 18" and it makes life a whole lot more bearable when the shit hits the fan up high. The gigantic front door makes the Lite Outdoors stoves the best in my opinion. You can really jam some logs in there.

I don't run the baffle because it's a pain in the ass, only got smoked out of the tent twice getting things figured out without it. More room for wood without it too.

The dampers on the front door and in the chimney do basically the same thing if you use them properly. Had the tent at 75 no problem when it was in the 20s outside.

df0f1151b21592ad7a8abc374c007651.jpg
c871efde2f102ba4e2569af19806fa44.jpg
94c0e40ab5f8ff52390aafbdfb9377c6.jpg
0914d56fd1130b040166e0d936e586ee.jpg
5a28dd85b206cae01a1ebd250df525ad.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I just got the LO 18” stove with baffle and have been messing with it in the yard. If I stoke it up good with a few pieces of wood it will burn a good while. I’d say 90 minutes like the others have said is a good guess. I haven’t tried it without the baffle yet. It’s a great stove I really like mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Lite Outdoors 18" yesterday. Great looking setup, I haven't done my burn in yet but noticed a pretty jagged edge to the Ti sheet metal. I was curious if anyone else deburred there Ti sheet metal before the burn?

PredatorX

WKR
Are these better than the Kifaru's??

As much as I love Kifaru gear I do think the Lite Outdoors stove may edge out the Kifaru cylinder stove. Have never seen a Kifaru in person, I love my LO. LO stove has nice turn buckles that seem to double as a platform for placing a cook pot on. LO does seem to also have a larger door. My LO is an older model and has the smaller door which seal up better and provide less opportunity for leakage. The LO appears to be more stable as well with the angled footings.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO the lite outdoors stove more refined...larger opening in door, legs angle out for stability, no little wing nuts to lose, the rods with spring tensioners very nice for ease of assembly👍 Very well thought out.

Rokwiia

WKR
I just got the LO 18” stove with baffle and have been messing with it in the yard. If I stoke it up good with a few pieces of wood it will burn a good while. I’d say 90 minutes like the others have said is a good guess. I haven’t tried it without the baffle yet. It’s a great stove I really like mine! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LO YT video suggests locating the flue hole to the front of the stove, rather than its typical position at the back, for better results. Have you folks been running it that way?

[video=youtube;nBXdDtQBHfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBXdDtQBHfo[/video]

FlyGuy

WKR
Yes, i ran mine "backwards" like this. I got smoke a few times but nothing serious. I actually felt like this arrangement worked much better spatially in my Tut. It allowed the stove body to remain more centered, and my wood pile to be located out of the way at the rear center of the shelter (as opposed to being stacked up in the entryway) but still on the door side of the stove.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk