Nemo Argali 15

Capra74

FNG
I finally had a chance to sleep in my Argali last night. I put an Exped downmat 9 in it. The 3.5 inch pad fit just fine and was very warm and comfortable. A little heavy for this bag, but I wanted to see what the bag can do without worrying about the pad being warm enough. Slept out under the stars last night in a threadbare pair of Costco merino socks, lightweight Kuiu bottoms, a Firslite wool top and Uncomphagre jacket and a balaclava. I’m 5”8 170, and the regular bag had plenty of room. On my back I could have my legs apart, and on my side I could have one knee up, curl up, etc. with no issues. The integrated pad was great, no issues sliding off it. It’s all very stable.

It got down to 24 last night. I was just a touch chilly, not uncomfortably cold, when I woke up. I had opened up the draft collar earlier in the night, and when I rolled on to my side, it was letting some cold air in. I cinched it up and laid on my back for a few minutes and warmed up some. The bag is rated to 15 degrees, and you could probably make that work wearing a little more inside it. Because it doesn’t have an integrated hood, the balaclava was essential. Without it, I think I would have been a lot colder.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
so were looking at an honest 15degree bag with pad an in nsulated pad in the 3 -3.5 range...that saves me some weight.

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
That doesn’t sound like a true 15 degree rating to me. The temp was 24 degrees and with all those clothes on you still got a little chilly? Sounds like a more true rating might be around 30 degrees? Not trying stir up crap, I was sold on it as I’m a side/stomach sleeper also but I would xpect a 15 degree bag to be warmer.

svivian

WKR
Bags temp rating aren't always comfort ratings. There are two systems for rating bags. Some do comfort most do survival ratings.

Capra74

FNG
I've never had a sleeping bag where I could honestly say I was perfectly comfortable when the temp was at the bags limit rating without having quite a bit of clothing on. A better pair of socks and one more layer on my legs and I'm would have been perfectly comfortable. Being in a tent would help quite a bit too. But, if I knew I was going somewhere that it was going to be 10-15 degrees every night, I'd probably use a 0 degree bag. The real value I see in this bag is the waterproof bottom, integrated pad, and overall comfort.