Nemo Argali 15

Trial153

WKR
This bag is in intriguing to me. I am a side or stomach sleeper and turn a lot. I dislike narrow mummy bags as they wrap me up too much...I also slide around a lot my my pad.
I was thinking this bag could work well with the pad inclosed I can’t slide off it. Also the waterproof basin would allow me to skip the Tyvek I use in my floorless shelters . And last but not least it’s wide at the shoulders making it easy for my tossing and turning.

Does anyone have any experience with this bag? Thoughts ? Comments ?

Philsummers21

Lil-Rokslider
Not with the argali but I have the Nemo riff. Quality bag. If I was a floorless guy I’d be in the argali, I just can’t get past the spiders and mice with me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MIKEYB

WKR
Almost picked it up last year. Had it at a good price and ended up with a quilt. Still might “need” it. I believe I saw rinella using it in a clip where he was napping midday. Let us know what you think if you pick it up.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Nemo bag and love it! not the argali but the soon shape one and is great for a side sleeper. Wish I had it yrs ago instead of all those stupid mummy bags! Quilts just don't work for me but that spoon shape design is great.

svivian

WKR
I just checked it out and it looks badass. My question is though can it fit a 25" wide square pad or does it have to be a mummy to fit in the sleeve.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
I just checked it out and it looks badass. My question is though can it fit a 25" wide square pad or does it have to be a mummy to fit in the sleeve.

I am emailing them to find out. I would like to be able to use my wide Nemo tensor or any wide insulated pad for that matter however its isn’t a deal breaker. I am thinking this bag will negate most of the reason for me needing a wide pad to begin with..ie sliding off it.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Something that needs to be noted on this bag is that you going to have to have an insulated pad. Reason being is that the bottom of the bag isn’t insulated with fill. So in that respect it’s quilt like.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Ok Nemo got back to me. This will NOT work with a 25 wide pad. Only a standard 20 wide pad.

svivian

WKR
Ok Nemo got back to me. This will NOT work with a 25 wide pad. Only a standard 20 wide pad.

Well that's crap I would have bought one today because I love how wide their pads are. They actually feel wide unlike other brands. I'm a big guy (6'4" 220lbs) and my arms hang off most pads when I sleep and it sucks.

HeadnWest

WKR
Love my Nemo Tensor and Salsa sleeping bag! I used a wide pad this lsat year and even though I moved around on it a lot, I never had a problem slipping off of it. As stated before I wish I would have come across the spoon shaped bag earlier. Too bad about the bag not fitting a wide pad. Can always just lay down a strip of tyvek

Capra74

FNG
I'm trying to decide on a pad to go with it. Nemo recommended the Tensor or Vektor Field models. Also thinking about the Xtherm, which would allow for a closed cell to be slid in under it, or maybe an Xped Downmat 9. The Xped is 3.5 inches thick, so I'm not sure how that would fit, but I'd bet it would be really warm and comfortable. Anyone have thoughts on this?

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Honestly i think any 20" insulated pad that you like and fits will work well with it. I am in the same boat as my Nemo Tensor and xtherm are both the wide models.
I will probably sell one of them and buy a 20" if i buy this bag.
i really dont need another bag this makes sense for me in my floorless shelters

Harpie5959

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to Rokslide but I figured I would jump in and try to help out. I took the Argali on a 2nd rifle season elk hunt in Colorado in October. I used the klymit insulated v sl sleeping pad. I have the long Argali. I'm 6'1" and 250lb and am a side/stomach sleeper. The nights got down into the 20s while I was hunting. Overall I was extremely happy with the sleeping bag and the pad. I wish the pad did not get narrower at the bottom as sometimes my foot would fall of the pad and touch the ground and get a little bit cold. I also think I would prefer having a hood on the sleeping bag, but with a hat on and using my puffy jacket as a pillow I was still very comfortable. I loved being able to roll around and not slide off of the sleeping pad. It also is incredibly light and in my compression sack with the pad in the top it is tiny! I also think as one of the posters commented that a pad around 3.5" thick would be no problem. It looks like mine is 2.5 and there is room in the sleeve still. Let me know if you would like any other pictures or have any other questions.
-Kyle
View attachment 67871
View attachment 67870
View attachment 67872
View attachment 67873
View attachment 67874

Last edited:

Eastern Elk Pursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all. I just received the Argali last night. I paired it with the Big Agnes Q Core SLX (20x72). It is really comfortable. There is no way that a 25 inch wide mat would fit, but the 20 inch fits perfect, nice and snug. I am a side sleeper, and this has plenty of room to move around in. The shoulder girth is 64 inches. I have used a 62 and you would not think that the two inches matter, but they really do. I am 5'9" 185, and it does not feel cramped at all. The zipper slides really well without getting hung up, and the draft collar is really nice. i have not gotten a chance to take any pictures, but if you have any other questions let me know.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Hey all. I just received the Argali last night. I paired it with the Big Agnes Q Core SLX (20x72). It is really comfortable. There is no way that a 25 inch wide mat would fit, but the 20 inch fits perfect, nice and snug. I am a side sleeper, and this has plenty of room to move around in. The shoulder girth is 64 inches. I have used a 62 and you would not think that the two inches matter, but they really do. I am 5'9" 185, and it does not feel cramped at all. The zipper slides really well without getting hung up, and the draft collar is really nice. i have not gotten a chance to take any pictures, but if you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks for the review. I see they came back in stock I am going to order one. Have start hunting down a regular size pad now as both of mine are 25 wide.