Redcliff or 6 man?

Sgrog

Lil-Rokslider
What does the 6 man offer that the Redcliff doesn't?

Wind is not a concern for me. We'll probably use a pulk so weight is not a real concern either.

I do want a little standing/moving around room. Two guys, both 6 footers. I like plenty of room...not going any smaller than the Redcliff. Might want to use two cots with stove and gear.

They say the Redcliff (130 sq ft) is more space efficient, being a mid. But, does the 6 man (150 sq ft) offer significantly more usable space?

I know I'm splitting hairs here but it's really hard to envision without actually being able to step inside the tents.

HeadnWest

WKR
The 6 man has almost 2 more pounds to lug around, if weight plays any factor into your decision. If you are worried about height the 6 man has the edge. We have 3 guys and plan to use a stove from time to time, and we recently decided on the Redcliff. If your not going to far from the truck, I would say either or would be fine, but if you are heading multiple miles off the trailhead, I would choose the Redcliff. Just my opinion. Good luck, I am sure you will be happy with whatever you choose.

The 6-man is about a foot taller at 7'10". That creates more standing room/headroom near the middle.

I've got a 6-man. The canopy, carbon fiber pole, 20 stakes, and three sacks weigh a total of 6 lbs, 6 oz on my scale.

HeadnWest

WKR
You could always reach out and ask if anyone in your area has either of these shelters to check out. Might be worth a shot.

OP
S

Sgrog

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. After months of debate I finally decided and went ahead and ordered the Redcliff bundle and a nest that was on closeout.