New Tarptent Notch Li- Only 20 oz!

HeadnWest

WKR
For all you Tarptent fans out there, they just came out with a Cuban Fiber version of the Notch that weighs only 20 oz., only 12oz. if you use it without the interior. If my hunting partners and I hadn't decided to purchase a SO Redcliff together, I would be spending some more money on this guy. Although, I am wondering what the price pint will be. Looks like we might have to wait till Tuesday to find out.

Tarptent Notch Li

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
For all you Tarptent fans out there, they just came out with a Cuban Fiber version of the Notch that weighs only 20 oz., only 12oz. if you use it without the interior. If my hunting partners and I hadn't decided to purchase a SO Redcliff together, I would be spending some more money on this guy. Although, I am wondering what the price pint will be. Looks like we might have to wait till Tuesday to find out.

Tarptent Notch Li
Looks very interesting. Good competition to zpacks, hyperlite and mld

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rokwiia

WKR
In my opinion, I'd buy a ZPacks every day over the TT. This comes from someone who has had two TT tents. ZPacks has been doing it for a very long time. Their Triplex is about the same price but more spacious and 4" taller.

I have a number of cuben-fiber products including a backpack from ZPacks that weighs 8.6oz. I love it. It is perfect for extended trips in good weather where every gram matters. The AT is one example.

Give me a Seek Outside 4-man tipi and woodstove and let me haul it in versus the easily-carried, cuben-fiber tent that uses trekking poles for support. As I've gotten older you'd think I would want a lighter tent and a lighter backpack. To the contrary, a SO backpack and a SO tipi!

I Beam

FNG
I ordered one for myself as well. Which led me to find out my card number was stolen. :-D Good thing I like new stuff. Otherwise, it might have been a day or two before I found out someone stole my CC/bank account number. (probably at a restaurant. )

I also like the weight of the lithium. Looks promising, modular and good airflow perhaps. The solo double doors scenerio is a great feature. I have a big sky chinook 1p that has 2 doors, its a bomber tent but too heavy unless severe weather is forecasted. Not sure i care for the magnets to keep doors back on the lithium...They state it was to keep moisture from adding weight to previous velcro design yet velcro stiil retains for and aft vents? I am fighting the urge for the lithium or a zpacks hexamid solo plus tarp then adding the solo plus b tub floor and customizeing a noseeum pyramid net sewed to it. The struggle is real.....

Not sure i care for the magnets to keep doors back on the lithium...They state it was to keep moisture from adding weight to previous velcro design yet velcro still retains for and aft vents?

Hello! Erica from Tarptent here. Not going to butt in too much (or at all), but I just wanted to clarify the reasoning behind the door closure.

We added the magnet door closure to the Notch Li because of ease of use. Also, magnets are cool! You're referring to the 2018 version of the silnylon Notch. We changed the door closure from velcro to polyester tie and hook. The velcro had a tendency to wick water through the seam. The polyester does not do that. This is outlined at this point in the 2018 Notch introduction vid.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
ddaed14e9cbaf7c525480bcda8a86f71.jpg

c6758a3de449d769d4de20d20b105b33.jpg

With the frozen tundra outside, I’ll have to wait a while to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: