Mountainsmith LT usable area?

Zork

FNG
Hi folks,

Going to order a Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT off REI as the price is to good to resist for my first floorless.

Does anyone know the length between the two trekking poles when pitched? And maybe the width too?

Thinking of getting a 30D bathtub floor in 50" x 90" from Bearpaw if it will fit...

I suppose I can pitch it when I get it and find out before ordering the floor but thought someone might know.

Thanks for any help.

Dont quote me, but positive length between 2 poles in shorter than me. Im 5'11 so distance is probably anywhere from 5-5.5.

For width...my big agnes g-core fits on one side with several inches between it and the wall and it and the poles...if any of that helps

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

OP
Z

Zork

FNG
That is helpful. Thank you. I will wait on the bathtub floor so i can get a pole seal on the floor in the right spot.

Dont quote me, but positive length between 2 poles in shorter than me. Im 5'11 so distance is probably anywhere from 5-5.5.

For width...my big agnes g-core fits on one side with several inches between it and the wall and it and the poles...if any of that helps

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it is about double the size of most 2-man floored tents.

I haven't had an issue really. It has multiple ways to vent. You can leave some space when staking out; the back has a vent and the front zipper can be left open at the top. Definitely a solid shelter for the money. I think with stakes it comes in around 32oz...