Klymit inertia

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone jumped to one of these pads? Looking at the O pad that’s insulated at only 10 oz.

The design is strange but makes a lot of sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking at that one as well.
Ryan should buy you one so you can do a review.
Their glassing pad is awesome!

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure exactly which pad you're referring to. The inertia Ozone is listed at 10.9 oz. but is definitely not insulated in any way. I would be very careful with this design. The company recommends using this pad, similar to the x frame, inside your bag. A friend of mine was trying one out a few years back. Putting the pad in your bag means your bag is just on your tent floor or the ground, which makes me nervous. That night, he accidentally rolled over onto his bite valve of his bladder, filling the bathtub floor with all 3 liters of water. Because his bag was just "on the floor", it was soaked. He froze all the next day from the night chill. Now, obviously, most of us would not have that happen for a bunch of different reasons, but I for one would like to be up on my pad. The weight is great and the integrated pillow is cool, but there are much warmer, more comfortable pads in the same weight neighborhood, in my opinion.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure exactly which pad you're referring to. The inertia Ozone is listed at 10.9 oz. but is definitely not insulated in any way. I would be very careful with this design. The company recommends using this pad, similar to the x frame, inside your bag. A friend of mine was trying one out a few years back. Putting the pad in your bag means your bag is just on your tent floor or the ground, which makes me nervous. That night, he accidentally rolled over onto his bite valve of his bladder, filling the bathtub floor with all 3 liters of water. Because his bag was just "on the floor", it was soaked. He froze all the next day from the night chill. Now, obviously, most of us would not have that happen for a bunch of different reasons, but I for one would like to be up on my pad. The weight is great and the integrated pillow is cool, but there are much warmer, more comfortable pads in the same weight neighborhood, in my opinion.
Yep. Not insulated - not for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

I miss read gohunts description of it being insulated. It mentioned loft referring to the thickness instead of insulation where my mind went. I definitely wouldn’t put the pad inside the bag.. that doesn’t make any sense to me. What does make sense about the system is your sleeping bag fills in the holes so you keep some loft. This would only be a summer time pad when I’m moving camp everyday and wanting to be fairly light. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan,
I picked up the V Ultralite SL at the expo for summer scouting / early archery hunts.
It's narrow but enjoy how quickly it blows up and how small it packs.
I've been running a DIY tarp with a bivy and bag. It's more than warm so I'm planning on new pad with a quilt.
Should cut weight and packed size quite a bit.
I still think Ryan should get one for you to review.