pyramid tent / tipi tent question

cvbot

FNG
Are there any less expensive / more affordable tipi tents out there? I'm looking at the kifaru and seek outside tipis but they are right around $1k. Any ideas?

Are there any less expensive / more affordable tipi tents out there? I'm looking at the kifaru and seek outside tipis but they are right around $1k. Any ideas?
Make your own for much cheaper. Check out the diy forum here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3d1d50af5889a87b29457ef66d01f084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duchntr

WKR
Tigoat is alittle less expensive, no personal experience with them. If buying new is still to much $$ wait and get one used.

rayporter

WKR
my bud has a guide gear and I have stayed in it several times. definitely an entry level tipi. the floor makes it heavy -as does the fabric. it packs up rather large volume wise. it leaks some but he has not tried to seal it. I still doubt it would be easy to seal but if he tried it would help.

it vents well. and is large [ he has the large] and roomy inside. we take it for turkey because of the ticks here. and we don't get a lot a bad weather then. it was a while ago but it was cheap-like 180$$

I have a copy of a mega mid 8x8 square tipi [ my firest] it works but barely. I added a 12 inch skirt to the bottom to seal air and it helps a lot.
it is fairly light and packable but small in side. mine has a lot of miles as a gear storage tent. and sometimes used as a cook area to keep the main shelter clean and dry.

MIKEYB

WKR
What size of tent are looking for? Will you want to be adding a stove? Are you willing to do any DIY stuff/modifications?

When I first looked into floorless and Tipi's I was not ready to drop the money on the brands you listed. I ended up getting a NEMO Pentalite for 2 people with gear. I planned to add a stove jack and stove down the road. Which I never ended up doing.

NEMO Pentalite 4 Shelter - REI Garage

My 1 person tent is the Mountainsmith mountain shelter LT.

The DIY tent method is always an option if you or someone you know is handy with a sewing machine and willing to put in the time. I think you could get materials for one under $350.

Recently picked up a Sawtooth and will be Listing the Nemo Pentalite next week in an effort to not horde shelters with overlapping purposes. If it fits your needs, Was thinking about listing for $250 if you interested.

amp713

WKR
Luxe outdoor

no experience, but it looks like they are a big supplier. I was very tempted to go this route.

I'm currently testing one (literally inside it right now) and have chatted with the owner a few times. I just didn't have a way to fund a kifaru or seek and went looking..... I plan to get a review up on it soon ... I'm sitting in it now hoping for some snow.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Jimmy’s tarps makes a 2 man size of cimerron

jm1607

WKR
My Bear Paw Wilderness Pyratent with a zipper on the long side is the absolute perfect dimensions for a one man palace to me..

It's my go to floorless shelter with no plans to replace it..

I don’t think so, or if he did, I never saw it. I know he bought one of these and then cut the bottom out.