My review of the LUXE mini peak 2p

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Absolutely! Their pricing is really reasonable and like I said their customer service was top-notch, they definitely deserve to have some light shed on their product!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought one, it came in like 4 days, I am on the east coast. I pitched it quick in the yard as we were headed out fishing. Haven't set up the nest system yet but it looks to be really well made, the bathtub floor is nice and I might just snap it in place and use it as a ground cloth instead of packing tyvek since it is built to be integrated and wont slide around. If the bugs are bad just hook it to the center pole and you have a bug net. Not bad for 185.00 Gotta get it seam sealed and take it for a spin.
Weather: 3 Season
Outer Tent: 2.20 lbs (35.2 ounces)
Optional Solo Inner Tent: 1.10 lbs (17.6 ounces)
Optional 2-Person Inner Tent: 1.85 lbs (29.6 ounces)
Solo System Total: 3.30 lbs (52.8 ounces)
Not Included: Center pole or Trekking Pole (see below)
Includes 8 Stakes: 4.23 ounces (may use 3 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
2 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 4.5' (height) x 8.20' (length) x 6.88' (width)
Solo Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.5' (height) x 7.38' (length) x 2.78' (width)
2-Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.45' (137 cm) tall - 7.54' (length) x 6.56' (width)
Tent Packed Size: 17" x 5" x 5" (measurements include solo inner, stakes and no pole)

amp713

WKR
I run the hexpeak and haven't seal seemed mine. Spent last week in hail, rain and 6+ inches of snow and it did great. Still going to seam seal it though ha

Beendare

WKR
Looks short....footprints don't tell the whole story with these.

The angle of the walls puts wet tent fabric against your bag......a no go for me- sorry.

BRWNBR

WKR
I really like the idea of using one or two solo tents inside their big one. That’s pretty cool. However I can’t usually find a flat spot that would work for all that.

Looks short....footprints don't tell the whole story with these.

The angle of the walls puts wet tent fabric against your bag......a no go for me- sorry.
Exactly why I was looking at the bigger model but I don't want their inner tent.

amp713

WKR
Give them a call, he has told me he will sell outer without the liner. I talk to him alot now since running the hexpeak. I've shot him some of my recommendations and things I've had people mention to me and he talks to me about it and has even ran a few ideas off of me.... I'll make sure to mention that's multiple people looking at the XL without. Liner

Give them a call, he has told me he will sell outer without the liner. I talk to him alot now since running the hexpeak. I've shot him some of my recommendations and things I've had people mention to me and he talks to me about it and has even ran a few ideas off of me.... I'll make sure to mention that's multiple people looking at the XL without. Liner

I spoke with him the other day about it. Said they're not sold separately. Offered the 6 man but I have no need for if.

I sold my hudson tipi and bought the mini peak. I have no complaints so far but haven't used it yet, just set it up. There is a couple of things I like about it right off the bat though. First, it is made from polyester. No morning sag like silnylon. I has a lot of ventilation. And, it has the option of a nest, which I bought. I did get the 2 man liner instead of the single. I doesn't have the stove jack lie the hudson but, I would never have used it anyways. It is twice the weight of the hudson too. All in all, I will use it and like it just fine. I don't need or want a 7 pound tipi. i run a synthetic bag so I'm not worried about damp tent fabric touching it. It truly is the best value going for people who don't need a stove option in a floorless shelter. God Bless men

Floorguy

WKR
I had both emailed and messaged on Facebook and was told they aren't sold separately. I figure if they change their mind it'll be reflected on their website. In the mean time there are different options out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
Hey guys I messaged him and was like hey you had told me you'd sell the outers separate but this is what some others mentioned they were experiencing...

His response was "Thanks for forwarding. The inner and outer is something we are addressing to sell separate. Got to do what the majority wants, that’s for sure."

So I guess ha had just let me know a little early

Trial153

WKR
I sold my hudson tipi and bought the mini peak. I have no complaints so far but haven't used it yet, just set it up. There is a couple of things I like about it right off the bat though. First, it is made from polyester. No morning sag like silnylon. I has a lot of ventilation. And, it has the option of a nest, which I bought. I did get the 2 man liner instead of the single. I doesn't have the stove jack lie the hudson but, I would never have used it anyways. It is twice the weight of the hudson too. All in all, I will use it and like it just fine. I don't need or want a 7 pound tipi. i run a synthetic bag so I'm not worried about damp tent fabric touching it. It truly is the best value going for people who don't need a stove option in a floorless shelter. God Bless men

What didn’t you like about the Hudson?

Hey guys I messaged him and was like hey you had told me you'd sell the outers separate but this is what some others mentioned they were experiencing...

His response was "Thanks for forwarding. The inner and outer is something we are addressing to sell separate. Got to do what the majority wants, that’s for sure."

So I guess ha had just let me know a little early

When spoke with him early last week. I told him he would see an increase in sales selling outter tents separate. Said he would think about it.