Shelter choices...JT vs BP vs SO

I'm in the market for a shelter and my head is spinning. My requirements are big enough for 2 with a stove and decent headroom. I have narrowed it down the the JT Hudson, BPWD Luna 4, or SO Cimarron. The jimmytarps is ahead right now mostly due to the fact that it seems like the most ban for the buck and its made of silpoly.

Anybody have experienced comparing these three shelters to one another? Silnylon vs silpoly seems?

Between these

I had a Hudson for a very short time. I replaced it with a Silvertip.If I were you I would either get a Silvertip or a cimeron.The are much sturdier shelters

bcimport

WKR
I had a JT at one point, kept it for about 4 days. This was a few years ago but I was very unhappy with the stitching. Hopefully they’ve improved since. I have a SO and an MLD, quality is much better.

bhylton

WKR
i have the luna 4. its a great shelter for the price, and for its function. however, it would be tight with a stove and two people. you could do it with a stove for sure,but its not going to be "roomy" with the stove in there.

Ran a cimmaron for a couple trips. If your a taller guy you won’t be happy with the cimmaron.
Sold it and bought a sawtooth. Much better for sitting up and space with a stove. And more weather worthy.

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
Same here.. I sold the Cimarron and bought the Redcliff. Much much happier..but holy footprint.

I have a little experience with all of these manufacturers but none of these shelters. Of the 3 manufacturers, SO is hands down the best. If I were you, I would also look at Kifaru, Mountain Laurel Designs, and Locus Gear offerings before making a final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk