Sierra designs high route tent

I have read through Andrew Skurka and a few other blogs about this. Of course Skurka designed the thing. I was wondering what others might say in comparing to smaller 1-2 man mids, if anyone has experience with both. Is it wind - worthy enough? The video on DaveCs blog makes it look a bit annoying in the wind.

Are the vertical walls worth the loss in wind worthiness?

The crux of this issue for me is: usuable volume. I havent tried a pyramid or tipi type shelter yet and am wondering if the vertical walls make this feel large enough to offset the increased weather protection, yet lack of usuable space due to wall angle, worth it?

Sorry for the wordiness, hard to phrase the questions in a more elegant way right now.

Thanks

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

texag10

WKR
It's going to be hard for someone to answer that question for you, and even more difficult without knowing more about your intended usage.

I am a light sleeper and have found the noise of less wind-shedding designs to keep or wake me up. No such worries with my Seek Outside Silvertip.

DaveC

WKR
Annoying in high winds is a good descriptor. In fairness Skurka and I had pitched that proto in a spot with no wind shelter; 7500' at the top of a big cliff between two of the biggest valleys in Glacier. The winds bending the walls at the intro of that video were ~35 mph driving hail.

The amount of useable space for the footprint is exceptional. If surviving 30+ mph winds regularly isn't on your list it is a good option.

OP
S
It's going to be hard for someone to answer that question for you, and even more difficult without knowing more about your intended usage.

I am a light sleeper and have found the noise of less wind-shedding designs to keep or wake me up. No such worries with my Seek Outside Silvertip.
Thanks, but am wondering how others have used this tent. After hearing more from them combined with what I have already read and then comparing to what I know my intended use is, I can make an informed decision.

OP
S
Annoying in high winds is a good descriptor. In fairness Skurka and I had pitched that proto in a spot with no wind shelter; 7500' at the top of a big cliff between two of the biggest valleys in Glacier. The winds bending the walls at the intro of that video were ~35 mph driving hail.

The amount of useable space for the footprint is exceptional. If surviving 30+ mph winds regularly isn't on your list it is a good option.
Thanks DaveC, that helps a lot!