0* sleeping bag suggestions

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a zero degree BA Storm King zero degree bag we could probably work something out on. Be just a little over your 150 budget, but with a GOOD PAD you would be pretty set for a while. It isn't the lightest or fancies, but it would work for you. It's the long version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Of weight isn't an issue the military MSS works like a champ. If you're not a stud it may not be for. The 0° bag alone is 5 lbs. I just bought a klymit kbs 0° for 156 (I think) on govx.com and it come it comes in at just a little over 3 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
If you are going to be getting away from the truck/trailhead I would strongly suggesting buy once cry once. Enlightened equipment 0 degree quilt would be my suggestion. You can start with a foam pad and move up to an air pad as budget allows. Based on your comment about not wanting multiple bags I would lean even harder to the EE quilt. When it gets warm out you can just uncover like you would at home. When it is Super cold out it will keep you warm. Mine is great and I am a cold sleeper.

what temps have you pushed that EE quilt to? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 0* EE quilt (long/wide). I'm 6'2" and 215lbs. Mummys are okay but I get sick of being restrained. I'm a side sleeper.

FURMAN

WKR
what temps have you pushed that EE quilt to? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 0* EE quilt (long/wide). I'm 6'2" and 215lbs. Mummys are okay but I get sick of being restrained. I'm a side sleeper.

I’ve had it down to 15. I toss and turn and mostly sleep on my side. I do not see myself going back to a mummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also getting
new boots
exo 5500
tent
range finder
and I just got an in reach last weekend
and i could use new base layer preferably Marino, and why not a puffy while we are at it

what id like to not get is a divorce haha so I am looking to hold to a particular budget for this year and on a bag id like the best i can get for around 150 and realize it wont be the best there is

Just explain to your better half that, to stay safe and return back home, the Western Mountaineering bag rated at 0* in the Rokslide classifieds would help you get back to her. WM is by far the best bags and there is a couple of really good deals in the classifieds today. I’ve got a wife that is an accountant AND divorce lawyer, so penny pinching is a way of life at our home. But she supports my crazy passions and one is backcountry hunting. You can always make more money, but can’t replace your life. Good luck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't agree more with needing a good pad underneath you to stay warm. One trick is to bring a cheap closed cell foam pad (ridge rest, walmart special etc.) and put it over your inflatable pad. The only real downfall is they are bulky to pack in but they weigh next to nothing. We used to do this all the time before we had the fancy thick pads that are all the rage now.

Other benefits is you have a back up pad that won't pop(cause they all will at some point), they are awesome for just sitting on around camp or while glassing and they make any excellent splint for a broken arm or leg in emergencies. Cutting them down to 3/4 length saves some bulk and the other 1/4 is a great glassing seat. This can definitely help stretch the temp rating on a so-so bag. Draping that emergency space blanket thats been sitting in your pack for years over the top of everything will help too. The good ol water bottle filled with hot water and wrapped in a shirt works too. Cheap stuff can work fine if applied correctly. Good luck

sneaky

"DADDY"
I couldn't agree more with needing a good pad underneath you to stay warm. One trick is to bring a cheap closed cell foam pad (ridge rest, walmart special etc.) and put it over your inflatable pad. The only real downfall is they are bulky to pack in but they weigh next to nothing. We used to do this all the time before we had the fancy thick pads that are all the rage now.

Other benefits is you have a back up pad that won't pop(cause they all will at some point), they are awesome for just sitting on around camp or while glassing and they make any excellent splint for a broken arm or leg in emergencies. Cutting them down to 3/4 length saves some bulk and the other 1/4 is a great glassing seat. This can definitely help stretch the temp rating on a so-so bag. Draping that emergency space blanket thats been sitting in your pack for years over the top of everything will help too. The good ol water bottle filled with hot water and wrapped in a shirt works too. Cheap stuff can work fine if applied correctly. Good luck
I think I would use the closed cell pad underneath the inflatable pad to protect it from punctures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk