OK- Loaded Question- First Tent

bozeman

WKR
I have been reading here and on the internet for months and am still at a 'loss'. Began the backpack journey over 1.5 years ago and now on the tent journey.....Looking at Tarptent Scarp 2 as I am in Alabama and my 2 small kiddos camp some so could use the mesh liner here and the solid liner our west hunting......open to feedback as I am at a standstill for the time being. Called Tarptent and really like the Scarp 2......

Thanks ahead of time.

Bozeman

I have been reading here and on the internet for months and am still at a 'loss'. Began the backpack journey over 1.5 years ago and now on the tent journey.....Looking at Tarptent Scarp 2 as I am in Alabama and my 2 small kiddos camp some so could use the mesh liner here and the solid liner our west hunting......open to feedback as I am at a standstill for the time being. Called Tarptent and really like the Scarp 2......

Thanks ahead of time.

Bozeman
So what's your question?

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

The SS2 is the tallest of the Tarptents, that's what I pack even when going solo. I like having everything inside the nest, no mice in my pack.

10384192_10203869537439933_2203784280841949000_n.jpg

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
I saw that one as well.....wanted a free standing......but yes, that was my second choice.

Lawnboi

WKR
Not saying it's the best option, but back home I want a net liner too, but don't need it out west.

Seek outside cimmaron, run it bare or with a stove in the west

Get the nest and have full coverage when at home.

Best of both worlds.

xrayit

FNG
I have a scarp 2 with both liners and cross poles, great tent and have never been disappointed it just works. The SS2 is a great tent as well but different in many ways. SS2 is actually more storm worthy than the Scarp 2. Can’t go wrong with either I use both on a regular basis depending on my company and load out for a trip. If I had to pick only one I would pick the Scarp2 because I do like the free standing concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk