SeekOutside LBO and stove....First setup!

Spent the morning messing with my new SeekOutside LBO base-base with LiteOutdoors stove and I am impressed! It took me a few times to figure out the pitch but overall it’s pretty easy to setup. The stove is great too and I had it so hot inside I could barely stand it! This will mainly be used for for me and my wife and I can’t wait to use it on a trip!
7b99ad0b5ef87e5277cf02e1638d5820.jpg

18993e83acf423519777276c41411f45.jpg

0f801ba92bcc46f5df092a0f1c4966d3.jpg

I also got the nest for it and have it set up in there now. Such a versatile system and I like that it can be broken up to spread the weight between 2-3 people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
That looks much bigger than I expected. Could you get 2 guys, gear, and the stove in there comfortably?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That looks much bigger than I expected. Could you get 2 guys, gear, and the stove in there comfortably?

With the base+base, yes. I have a base+vestibule. That would be a no go unless you were really short or really friendly lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
flinginairos

Oh yeah for sure. You wouldn’t have a ton of extra room but you could certainly do it!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Comfortably no in my opinion, comfortably to me means I'm not either worried about my bag against the side of the tent or getting too close to the stove. The vestibule just isn't wide enough in my book to say comfortably. You could squeeze in if you had to but it would get old fast in my opinion. Also factor in if you're out in snow it will sag the sides down some or having wind push the side in which moves you inboard (closer to the stove) so you need to leave some margin to be comfortable still in less than ideal weather. My $.02, a little extra space is worth it if you are going to use the stove.

OP
flinginairos
I’ve spent two nights in this setup this week testing two different quilts. I gotta say, having that stove is so dang nice!! Temps have been in the 20’s at night and it’s pretty awesome being able to sit in the tent in my t shirt before going to sleep

lipripr

FNG
How long a burn can you get? I’m considering a hot tent but dont want to feed the stove every 45 min throughout the night to stay warm

There are a lot of threads on that subject but the consistent response is usually to have a bag and pad to keep you warm without the stove and use the stove to heat the tent before bed and in the morning as well as drying items.

I have a seek outside large box stove that will run about and hour of good eat and maybe 30 more minutes of warm if it is stuffed with a good hard wood and stoked once in a while.

OP
flinginairos
How long a burn can you get? I’m considering a hot tent but dont want to feed the stove every 45 min throughout the night to stay warm

The last night I slept in it I stoked it twice during the night and it must have went out completely sometime around 3am. By that point I was sound asleep and didn’t wake up until my alarm went off. Going to bed with a nice warm tent is super nice. My plan is to have wood and fire starter ready to go so I can start it back up in the morning while laying in my bag. Makes it much easier to get up when it’s not freezing in the tent haha.