Bug bivy inside floorless?

I’m trying to decide what to use inside my SO LBO for ground cloth/bug protection. I have a two person bug nest for it for when my wife and I use it, so I’m set there. Problem is it’s pretty heavy for solo use. I was thinking about tyvek as the lightest/cheapest option but that doesn’t help with bugs either. I was looking at the MLD Bug Bivy at around 6.5oz. That would give me a waterproof floor, bug protection as well as keep my sleep system contained during the night. Anyone else running this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
I use a borah bivy inside/under my LBO all year. The screen for bugs is nice when it's buggy. When it's not buggy I leave the screen flopped open and just use the bivy as a "container" for my quilt and pad.

92xj

WKR
I run a 7 ounce bivy from bearpawwilderness in my mega tarp. Cuben floor, breathable from feet to chest, bug net from chest to head, zipper from hip over head to hip. Way nice bivy.

The EE bivy would worry me in a floorless shelter because I don’t think it’d be very durable. The Boorah would be a better choice for me. While I like the ultra light weight, I bought a OR Helium bivy that ought to last me a long time.

I’m trying to decide what to use inside my SO LBO for ground cloth/bug protection. I have a two person bug nest for it for when my wife and I use it, so I’m set there. Problem is it’s pretty heavy for solo use. I was thinking about tyvek as the lightest/cheapest option but that doesn’t help with bugs either. I was looking at the MLD Bug Bivy at around 6.5oz. That would give me a waterproof floor, bug protection as well as keep my sleep system contained during the night. Anyone else running this setup?

I had my eyes on the mld bug bivy also. Looked like it was exactly what I wanted until I looked closer and saw it has the zipper on the top. Seems like it would be annoying to get in and out of.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

ChrisF

FNG
The Sea to Summit pyramid bug nets are light and work well. They're floorless and the edges just tuck underneath your sleeping pad. It's not quite as convenient as climbing in and out of a zippered door in a nest but you can't beat their weight.

dog812

WKR
I went with this one from China. It's deff made for people around my height. 5'6
But its light and durable bottom at a great price.
0b5f00cbcfc3920a5489e01373a11ba7.jpg

OP
flinginairos
I went with this one from China. It's deff made for people around my height. 5'6
But its light and durable bottom at a great price.
0b5f00cbcfc3920a5489e01373a11ba7.jpg

Great price on that! Much better than over $100 for all the ones I’ve been looking at. There’s really nothing to them I don’t see why that cheap one wouldn’t work just as good lol. I’m gonna check that one out!