Klymit gear? Experience?

Barnhill06

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had experience with Klymit sleeping bags and pads. Looking to combine the two for an elk hunt. Thanks in advance for advice.

Stuie88

FNG
My dad, my brother, my wife and myself all use the klymit insulated static v. My dad has a really bad back, he sleeps better on that pad than his $5000 mattress at home and the rest of us like them too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
I used a static-v pad for several years. very comfy but a pain in the a** to roll up. I switched to a Sea to Summit ultra light a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. More comfortable and WAY easier to roll back up.

KurtR

WKR
Me and my hunting pard ran the static v lux last year and they were warm and comfortable. We didn't have any problem rolling ours up. They are not the lightest option but I feel a quality product that does a good job.

Capra74

FNG
Never used it, but they have 4-5 different pads and a sleeping bag on special at Costco right now.

young7.3

WKR
I run the insulated static v lite and really like it. No issues rolling it up here either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
I used the kylmit static v insulated all year last year and loved it. Most comfortable pad I have slept on. The buddy I hunt with used the 20 degree sleeping pad and was very happy with it as well.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Customer service is great, had a ultralite insulated pad one of their massdrop models , ended up having a leak by the valve piece, sent it in had a new one on my doorstep in 3 days , no questions asked

I own both the 20 degree klymit and insulated static v and they both are great! Think the quality is great and is very warm. You can find good deals as Costco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both the insulated and uninsulated static v pads. Both are very comfortable sleeping on my back or side. Only thing that I did was add some small dots of silicone on top of the pad to keep my bag from sliding.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

MIedge

FNG
I've had the static v pad for a little over a year and found it to be pretty comfortable. I'm a side sleeper and there was sufficient clearance from the ground for me. Unfortunately it started to deflate on me to the point of which I am waking up on the ground in the AM.

jm1607

WKR
I have an insulated and uninsulated pad.. Best pads I've ever owned

I have the stronger ones, not the ultralights or whatever they're called

texag10

WKR
I run the insulated static v lite and really like it. No issues rolling it up here either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same pad. Pretty comfortable, relatively quiet, and very warm for the weight and price. I might upgrade at some point, but it's pretty far down the list.

I have a 3 year old Static Vluxe- so far no issues. I love the 30" width, and with a good Tyvek ground cloth, it is holding up well. It doesn't insulate well , and honestly, it was designed to. But for the weight of it (heavy) It should have some insulating powers.
lol
But it is 30" wide so that extra width is gonna add weight.

I got an Exped for insl colder weather hunting, but at the cost of the Klymit, I wont hesitate getting an insl version of theirs at 30" wide.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the static v pad for a little over a year and found it to be pretty comfortable. I'm a side sleeper and there was sufficient clearance from the ground for me. Unfortunately it started to deflate on me to the point of which I am waking up on the ground in the AM.

I had the same problem so I emailed with customer service and sent it back a few days before the 1 year warranty was up (I think it's just a 1 year). At any rate, they found a bunch of little pinholes in it so they sent me a new one. That's great and all but it's starting to happen again with this one and it's been way less than a year.

I've always used a ground cover... tyvek usually, so I don't know what the deal is. I feel kinda bad bc I had recommended it to others before I started having the deflation issues. It's a really nice and comfortable pad but has not been durable enough in my experience.

Static V here too. Only have 4 nights on it but it was pretty comfortable. I side sleep at times too.

No problems repacking it. Very compact. My old pad was heavier and bulky. With this one, I now have nothing hanging off the outside of my pack on 2 to 3 day jaunts.

AdamW

WKR
Static V Lite Insulated pad here. Rolling it up took a sec to figure out the first few times, now it's a non-issue.

MIedge

FNG
I had the same problem so I emailed with customer service and sent it back a few days before the 1 year warranty was up (I think it's just a 1 year). At any rate, they found a bunch of little pinholes in it so they sent me a new one. That's great and all but it's starting to happen again with this one and it's been way less than a year.

I've always used a ground cover... tyvek usually, so I don't know what the deal is. I feel kinda bad bc I had recommended it to others before I started having the deflation issues. It's a really nice and comfortable pad but has not been durable enough in my experience.

For me the final straw was a few weeks ago waking up all but on the ground with the camp fire out on a balmy 15 degree morning. I ended up jumping on that recent deal there was on the thermarest x-therm sleeping pad and I'm hoping that's the solution to my issues. I'll probably still loan out my static v to my brothers just to mess with them haha.