Shelter Demo

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
I am from South Central PA, new to the floor less game. Where would the best place too check out some shelters. Seek outside redcliff, tipi,
or KIFARU sawtooth or 6 or 8 person tipi? Anyone around that might run one of these shelters that would be able to show me their setups.

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
That would be great i get to somerset a couple times a year. I will be out that way for Spring turkey a couple of weekends maybe i could make a run up there to check it out. When i get my dates i will see what might work for you. Anyone else

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone around the Delaware Beaches area?

amp713

WKR
If you are just looking to test out the floorless system I'd recommend giving luxe a look. I run their hexpeak and it's really affordable and holding up good so far minus one small zipper fluke.

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
Thank You, i will check them out! but i am looking at something i can stand up in and a stove.

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
cvstter i might take you up on that. I thought about that shelter for solo trips. Do you run a stove in yours?

rayporter

WKR
you may possibly help to narrow your choices or expectations by building a mock up out of string and pegging the string out around a pole or a couple of posts.

i have shown my tipis to folks to help them decide and i know it is a big help to see it in person.

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
I am old school i like to see it in person before just handing my money over. Im leaning towards the redcliff for back pack hunts. I just want to compare it to 8 person for a base camp. Its great some of you go out of your way to show off your gear.