Hilleberg Nallo 3 vs Seek Outside Cimarron w/stove

S.Clancy

WKR
Basically, I've narrowed my choices down to these 2 as a four season, backpacking in, type of tent. They are priced similarly. I'm looking for something that will take late fall/winter conditions in the mountains of MT. Thanks for your help.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Basically, I've narrowed my choices down to these 2 as a four season, backpacking in, type of tent. They are priced similarly. I'm looking for something that will take late fall/winter conditions in the mountains of MT. Thanks for your help.

I don’t have experience with the SO. But I have a Nallo 3 gt that has seen significant time on Kodiak. Once in October and then again in December. Both had some nasty weather, I can’t speak highly enough. Just be prepared for condensation if you don’t have much wind where you are. It simply comes with the territory if you’re winter camping.

I haven’t done this yet. But I picked it up off a video on YouTube. Carry a dish sponge with you. You can get the tent or a majority of it dry. And wring our the sponge and use it over and over. And it weighs nothing. Seems like a no brainer to me. Something I’ll be doing from now on.

Looking forward to what the SO folks have to say. It’s peaked my interest more than once. Having the option for a stove, that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freestone

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Nallo 3 and just this morning went by the SO shop because I’ve been eyeing the cimarron for a more versitile shelter that can by used for every season. They were more than helpful and we set up the cimarron right there and went over all the options with the different nest, stove size, and just general tips on pitching it. I spent over an hour in there and am now going to order it. I like the fact that I can put a nest in for when the wife or kids want to join and bugs might be a concern. Then if I’m going solo or with another person I can go light with just the tipi. If it’s colder I can bring the stove and still be a little lighter than the hilleberg. Both are going to be great shelters that will hold up so I don’t think you can go wrong. Cimarron just seems to be the best choice for what I want out of a shelter.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw