NEMO Sleeping Bags...What say you?

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with the NEMO Sleeping Bags? Specifically the Riff and Sonic series? I like the "spoon" shape idea and the extra room. I'm definitely a side and stomach sleeper and I toss and turn all night so I need room to move around.

I'm looking for a bag that is 3 lbs or lighter, minimum 15 Degree rated or lower, Down fill, and has some room to it. I almost always carry a lightweight sleeping bag liner with me for added comfort and warmth. I don't mind spending a little extra dough if I know it will last and is durable.

If anyone has experience with other bags that fit that bill please feel free to chime in.

Thanks Rokslide!

I have a Nemo Salsa long 15 degree. I like it, I have not had it long so can not speak for long term durability, but it seems well made. Fabric and build is lightweight, I would not lay around on top of it on rocks or in the dirt like my old bag. I use mine with a pad and ground cloth without issue, or as a cover over me while glassing. So a little more care is needed, but not really more so than anything made from lightweight fabric IMO.

I am clastraphobic in a mummy (hate my arms pinned), and am a back and side sleeper. The bag is much more flexible and has some stretch, the extra room is great. Not roomy like a square bag, but just enough more room to allow me to move and lay on my side and belly, and move around. The pillow pocket is nice for my puffy jacket.

I have only had it down to 40 but it was warm, I had to zip it open to vent heat. My old bag is a 20 degree synthetic, and this beats it in everyway; compression, weight, comfort, and warmth.

I went with the Nemo for the spoon shape yet it is still fairly lightweight, I am just not ready to go with a quilt yet as I toss and turn so much. It has been great so far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk