Tarptent Bowfin 2?

Does anyone have this tent? I am looking for something for a taller guy that doesn't hit my feet or head when I am sleeping. If anyone has one, do you think this would work well for someone 6'4"? Thanks in advance.

I have never seen/used a Bowfin2 but I do have some experience with the company--I have a Tarptent Moment (single wall) that I have put at least 2000 miles on. I am 6'2" and often used the tent with company (2 people in a 1 man tent-company was always romantic ) .

The floor on my tent is 84" long. Yours is 102". Interior height is within 4" of each other. Here's my experience. The tent will get the job done, but you are not going to have enough room to sit up and play solitaire. Though in your tent, you might be able to prop yourself up a bit more than in mine. The one thing you may have to get used to is how close to your face the roof of the tent will be when you are laying down, though I think yours will be more spacious than mine due to the longer floor length.

Tarptent makes a fantastic tent. I've had mine for 5 years, used it more than most will use a tent, and it has almost zero noticeable wear. When I camp with others, I am always the first to be set up--these tents pitch super quick.

I have used it in horrific rain storms, snow storms where I got 8" overnight etc. I would recommend the Tarptent Brand without reservation.

Here's a video of me setting up the Moment and laying down inside. You can get a feel for how tight it is. Keep in mind I lived in this tent for two 3 month long backpacking trips in addition to weekend trips/hunting trips. Your tent will be a little heavier, but much more spacious due to the increased footprint.

[video=youtube;7XFlCGo8U74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFlCGo8U74[/video]

OP
B
Anyone else have experience with this tent?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The one thing you may have to get used to is how close to your face the roof of the tent will be when you are laying down, though I think yours will be more spacious than mine due to the longer floor length.

The Moment and the Bowfin series have very different shapes. The Moment DW arch pole goes from one of your hips to the other, while the Bowfin pole goes from your head to your foot.

This means that you will have much more space around your face in the Bowfin 2 (or 1) when you are laying down.

In the Moment DW, you will have more room around your shoulders when sitting than in the Bowfin 1; however, the Bowfin 2 will have ample shoulder space for 1 when sitting up.

jolemons

WKR
I have a bowfin 2 and did own a single door moment. The bowfin 2 has more interior dimension in each direction. It is as easy to setup and i would consider it ideal size for solo backpacking if you like room. I got tired of being cramped in moment and being close to sides with condensation.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a hunt planned where I need to be UL yet have all my gear inside the shelter with me because of the snakes, spiders, and scorpions. Hoping the Bowfin 1 or 2 would fit the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jolemons

WKR
Moment can be self standing with cross pole. Bowfin isn't, but is about as close to self standing as possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I will echo what some of the others have said. I currently own a Bowfin 1 and am really happy with the weight, build quality and overall design of the tent. I would definitely recommend Tarptent. I have used the tent for a few years and have used it on numerous backpacking trips and a few hunting trips.

As far as the tent goes I love the bowfin design as it’s quick to setup and fairly roomy inside. I am 6’4” as well and for me I’m completely happy with the Bowfin 1. Plenty of room for me to keep my gear either inside the tent or in the vestibule depending on weather. The inner mesh netting is close to your face while laying down but not so close it’s an issue. I will say there is room to sit-up but not much more. Changing clothes inside can be difficult but I would imagine it would be better on the bowfin 2.

If weight is a major concern or you are looking for an UL tent these are on the upper end of what I would consider UL. Here is a picture from last weekend while I was using the tent in the snow. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
7f009ba9043188408dfca9cc99bef68f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk