Budget Ultralight Tarp?

I have their 3x3 tarp. It is heavy compared to silnylon, but has the features I like. I just ordered a seek outside dst tarp (out of the budget for OP's wishes, I know).

For a cheap tarp, the DD tarp has a good amount of tieouts, and you can shove a pole under the ridegline without worrying you will break it, unlike my Jimmy tarps.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

I just got my DST delivered a couple days ago. Looks awesome, but I haven't pitched it yet.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one from Borah gear, $80, 9oz, and they added extra grommets for tie outs on the sides for me at no charge. Very fast, and email response was fast too. 6.5x9'

3f839f5dbf834927c9db315d2238bf5f.jpg

Is it just the angle of the photo, or is the peak height really low? Looks like it would be really hard to get into.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks a lot everyone. You all have lots of good options and ideas out there I'll have to look at. Guess I should've been careful when using the word "ultralight". Doesn't have to weigh 0.01 oz just don't want something as heavy as a tent. Also I realize $50 is pretty tight and wouldn't be opposed to something for $100. But I'll probably give one of the cheaper ones a chance first and hope it gets me through the summer. Thanks again. Rokslide is a great place!

I noticed Lite Outdoors has a 20d Silnylon 8x10 for $110 when buying a stove, I'm giving it a try. 11 ounces.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well if you’re going into the ~100 dollar range, the kifaru sheep tarp is cool, that’s what I got. I see that seek outside has some cool minimalist options as well. I’ve set up my shee tarp but haven’t spent the night in it yet but it seems like it’s going to be good for what it is.....a minimalist tarp.

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
I don't see that. Whenever I bring up the site, I don't see anything that indicates that he's out of business.

Couple of quotes below pulled off the home page. I could be mistaken, but it looks like he’s actively trying to close up shop

I'll only be making nests to sell as in-stock items until my back orders are fulfilled, and then that's probably it.”

I'm done with making some of the best gear in the world, while at the same time living in abject poverty.”

“I believe there is money to be made at this, just not by me. A business like this requires capital and enthusiasm. I've never had the former and I'm completely out of the latter.”