Paying For Less

05e42d4651018035985c657a39606747.jpg

Made some gear upgrades for this year. I typically hunt from late August to early October from a base camp which has been out of my truck topper or my box trailer and then carry camp on my back and stay out a night or two depending on the situation. State and terrain vary depending where I draw tags. I am excited to have saved a few pounds and a lots of space. The gear I changed.
-EE 20 Revelation Quilt, bora bivy and Kifaru sack 29 oz vs Coleman peak 1 bag at 63 oz
-BA AXL insulated pad 15 oz vs Thermarest Scout short at 17 oz. not much weight savings but comfort level will be huge with a thicker, wider and longer pad. Some risk here with the pad based on reviews in the cold.
-For my shelter I went to a Zpacks Hexomid Solo Plus with stakes and home made carbon pole at 10.5 oz vs my old Eureka 1p tent at 41.5 oz. Lots of weight savings plus I have a lot more room and can sit up and get under cover.
-TAG BOMB Bags at 11 oz vs my trusty old pillow cases at 22.5 oz
-3 oz Havalon vs the 10oz Outdoor Edge.

And finally, the EXO 3500 at 95 oz vs Eberlestock at 150 oz. Both packs include a couple add ons.
Overall weight saving is 8 3/4 pounds plus a smaller profile on my back and increased comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk