Western Mountaineering quilts

Trial153

WKR
I spotted these listed on GOHUNT shop and starting digging a bit since I didn’t see them listed on WM website.
Looks like an interesting take on their version on a quilt. One thing I noticed is it looks like you’d need a round bottom pad....other then that they look interesting. Would been nice to see a 0 or 10 degree quilt but the 26 looks serviceable and the weight for the raking is amazing.

Preview: Western Mountaineering Nanolite & Astralite || Premium UL quilts

I spotted these listed on GOHUNT shop and starting digging a bit since I didn’t see them listed on WM website.
Looks like an interesting take on their version on a quilt. One thing I noticed is it looks like you’d need a round bottom pad....other then that they look interesting. Would been nice to see a 0 or 10 degree quilt but the 26 looks serviceable and the weight for the raking is amazing.

Preview: Western Mountaineering Nanolite & Astralite || Premium UL quilts

I saw that review, made a lot of sense! I've yet to experience down in a garment or bag that seems as lofty as WM gear.

The narrow width is a turnoff as my limited experience with quilts was disappointing because of drafts. I'm still jealous of those who can sleep comfortably in freezing temps with the weight/space/$ savings from a quilt but at least Andrew validated my experience.. "Personally, I remove the attachment system, because I don’t like feeling as if I’m strapped to a backboard. And if I want a draft-free sleeping experience, I know of a much less fussy way to get it. It’s called a mummy bag."

trail@goHunt

Lil-Rokslider
You can use a quilt with any pad regardless of shape. The lower portion is designed to work just like a sleeping bag, you put your legs in and lay on top of the pad. The upper portion can either go underneath the pad or I have simply climbed into it just like a sleeping bag and used it on top of a pad. This works fine if you don't toss and turn a ton during the night or if you slip it inside a bivy. Also, in talking with WM they suggest that any quilt below about the 25 degree mark is unlikely to truly offer you comfort to those lower temps. They suggest that quilts by their design (open at the top and back) just lose too much heat to offer true comfort at the lower temps. I have slept in a quilt inside a bivy in temperatures into the teens and slept just fine. Overall, WM makes phenomenal gear and if you are looking for an early to mid season bag that weighs next to nothing, their two quilts are good options.